Got Eggs????? I Do!!!!!!!!!!!!!! From SCBirdFarm

lockedhearts

It's All About Chicken Math
12 Years
Apr 29, 2007
Georgia
I stopped by the PO on my way to work, they had my "special" box from Terry.....
yippiechickie.gif

I brought them to work and opened them, They were packed nicely, unfortunately the PO must have tossed them around
barnie.gif

I lost 4 of my Houdans (with my luck the only girls in the bunch) and 2 of my Silver Laced Cochins (with my luck the only boys)
th.gif

I am planning on putting them in the incubator tomorrow and letting them rest good since they were traumatized on the trip:thun

Thanks Terry !!!!!!

I am sorry to hear about the broken ones - I have mail ordered eggs 6 times so far and (none broken...I have been very lucky (I am crossing my fingers) I have another batch of eggs coming in - all silkies this time...!!

IT was definitely not the packing job.... The box was not damaged, just the broken eggs.
Hoping I get some Girl Houdans, I am also waiting on some Houdan Chicks from a BYC member , once she figures out what she has.
My boys seriously need girls...... LOL

I got a great mixture of Cochins as well, can't wait for these to hatch.

Sorry lockedhearts...Unfortunately, the damage is probably not limited to just broken eggs. If you have a bunch broken, there will undoubtedly be internal damage to others as well. I've had a couple of great hatches from shipped eggs, but by far, most are dismal. As much as I've spent on eggs from excellent breeders.....:thun And it's not their fault...just issues with the PO system.

I'll be shipping eggs from our bantam cochins soon and I am going to re-design a box that has a handle top. This keeps the PO from being able to stack anything on top of it. Don't know if it will do any good, but we'll see.

My Houdans were numbered, but of course they are white so I know which they are , the Cochins are all marked so I know what colors they are.

Back
Top Bottom