Got Exciting News!! Barnes and Boble wants to my children's chicken book!! :-D

dgeter

Songster
11 Years
Dec 8, 2008
Colorado
My Coop
My Coop
Last year, I decided to bite the bullet and write a children's book about my pet silkie chicken. It took about 6 months and quite and investment on my part. But it was sooo much fun and I love knowing that Peanut (my chicken) is now in a book :) I expected to publish this on amazon and make a few sales here and there, nothing major. That's pretty much what happened for the first year or so.

But.. then I got a call from a local middle school wanting me to come in and promote my book to the kids AND bring Peanut along with me! A few days later, two other schools asked me to come as well. Today, I'm contacted and told that the local Barnes and Noble found out about my book, wants to stock it in their store, and they want me to come visit as a featured local author. I'm BLOWN AWAY! I didn't seek these promotions in anyway. I doubt there will be a lot of profit or anything, but just getting to do it is something I never thought I'd experience.

So THANK you to all the wonderful people here that gave me advice while I worked on creating the book. Everyone has been so supportive. I just want to remind people to stop waiting and go after their dreams, not matter how small. You never know where it could lead you!!
big_smile.png

Here is a page from the book!

I'm so jealous!
lol.png
I am very happy for you, though. Well done, getting out there in the world and putting silkies a step higher in popularity! I'm amazed!
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom