My experience with Tractor Supply chicks

As with anything it's buyer beware... or in this case the buyer should be educated.
Know what the chicks should look like for the breed(s) you are getting.

They are limited on tanks so often the unsold chicks in the store are occupying tanks that would be needed to keep chicks sorted. The entire shipment gets put in one or two tanks in the back while they try to free up tanks the public can see. Then when tanks open up they have to try to sort the ones in the back....often making mistakes.
I have had to correct them that that is a Bantam not a Black Copper Maran and Wyandottes not Buff Orpingtons. Its almost ridiculous! But at the same time funny! 😂

I have had to correct them that that is a Bantam not a Black Copper Maran and Wyandottes not Buff Orpingtons. Its almost ridiculous! But at the same time funny! 😂

When (as stated before by another poster) minimum wage kids fresh from high school are the ones trying to sort chicks it's unlikely they know a buff orpington from a wyandotte let alone a cornish cross.

Gotta know what you are looking at as a buyer.
If they have several breeds listed that look similar as chicks it may be best to either take the chance in getting a wrong breed or wait for more diversity in what chicks are available.

I think they try hard and when they get a hundred chicks a week mistakes happen. I don't think it's on purpose.

When (as stated before by another poster) minimum wage kids fresh from high school are the ones trying to sort chicks it's unlikely they know a buff orpington from a wyandotte let alone a cornish cross.

Gotta know what you are looking at as a buyer.
If they have several breeds listed that look similar as chicks it may be best to either take the chance in getting a wrong breed or wait for more diversity in what chicks are available.

I think they try hard and when they get a hundred chicks a week mistakes happen. I don't think it's on purpose.
Neither do I but everyone that works at my Tractor Supply are older people. Not teens. :)

Back
Top Bottom