Got harassed because of my cat

If this 'rant/vent' post isn't allowed here, let me know or go ahead and delete it.

Ranting and venting isn't an issue, but bringing drama from another forum is.:oops: If you edit out the references to what happened on the other forum, it will probably be OK.

I'm sorry to hear that a pet is the (indirect) cause of so much stress in your life. My "purr therapists" think some folks need to get their priorities straight!
smiley_emoticons_fips_nicken.gif

Last edited:
Maybe a dumb question--have you changed the litter in the litterbox. I mean actually changed it, like brands. Or started using a new laundry detergent/softener?perfume/cologne/shampoo, etc. My housebun started sneezing when we switched fabric softeners. I am deathly allergic to febreeze, most air fresheners, and the mold/mildew/dust that gets tracked into the house when it starts to thaw outside.

Maybe a dumb question--have you changed the litter in the litterbox. I mean actually changed it, like brands. Or started using a new laundry detergent/softener?perfume/cologne/shampoo, etc. My housebun started sneezing when we switched fabric softeners. I am deathly allergic to febreeze, most air fresheners, and the mold/mildew/dust that gets tracked into the house when it starts to thaw outside.
Nothing has changed at all.
And it can't be because I'm a volunteer at our humane society because I make sure to throw my clothes into the wash as soon as I get into my room and change. Plus I haven't gone since 2 weeks ago so that crosses that out since its too long ago to have affected her.

Update:
I decided to check the post and another lady told me to rehome Nyx until I'm able to take care of her properly.
I haven't replied to her yet as I want to avoid conflict but this is exactly what I was thinking: "...Um no.. I raised her since the day she was born under my bed so she isn't going anywhere."

Update:
I decided to check the post and another lady told me to rehome Nyx until I'm able to take care of her properly.
I haven't replied to her yet as I want to avoid conflict but this is exactly what I was thinking: "...Um no.. I raised her since the day she was born under my bed so she isn't going anywhere."
Your pathway to resolution is literally this simple. The sooner you find a job the better your living arrangement will be. I don't blame you for wanting to keep your beloved kitty. When you can be completely financially responsible for your cat nobody can call the shots but you. My friend's daughter works at Chic Fillet part time and really likes it!

Have you spoken to anyone at the Humane soc. about a vet that might work with rescue people? Lot of vets will work with you on finances.

Firstly delete the post that is causing all the angst then block the haters. That will give you more peace of mind. Honestly, from the sound of things, I think your cat is fine & a vet visit would be money down the drain. it is natural to worry when a pet shows symptoms but as it otherwise seems well & happy I would go with that. If it wasn't eating or dehydrated or lethargic I would be more concerned but as it isn't go with the positive.

Back
Top Bottom