Got my bator yesterday!!! I can't wait!

bearcat73

Songster
11 Years
Feb 29, 2008
Southwest Ohio
Got my 1588 yesterday and I plan on setting it up tonight to get it regulated and hope to set my eggs on Sunday or Monday.

For my first batch I'm doing 8 red Dorkings, 6 pure Ameraucanas, and 6 SL Wyandottes.

I can't wait!

Good luck!!! I go to pick up my first Bator today! I bought a Hova Bator from a lady off craigslist. Not sure of the model number, just know it has a big viewing window! I have no clue what I want to hatch yet! But first I have to buy it a Auto turner (she didn't have one with this one). I don't think I could turn eggs 3 times a day with my busy life! I would probably mess it up. I was thinking Silkies! Anyone have silkie eggs out there?? They are super cute!!

I remember when I bought my LG incubator. I was so excited. I did however learn that i am very impatient since now on day 17 I am getting more and more anxious for these little guys to come.. You'll see what I mean!
big_smile.png

bearcat73, make sure you pick up a second thermo to make sure the temp is correct as the ones that noramly come with these foam bators are not correct.

Hope you have a great hatch....

Charlie

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom