1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Got my bator yesterday!!! I can't wait!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by bearcat73, Apr 18, 2008.

1. bearcat73

bearcat73 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 29, 2008
    Southwest Ohio
    Got my 1588 yesterday and I plan on setting it up tonight to get it regulated and hope to set my eggs on Sunday or Monday.

For my first batch I'm doing 8 red Dorkings, 6 pure Ameraucanas, and 6 SL Wyandottes.

I can't wait!

2. Lanissa86

Lanissa86 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    Good luck!!! I go to pick up my first Bator today! I bought a Hova Bator from a lady off craigslist. Not sure of the model number, just know it has a big viewing window! I have no clue what I want to hatch yet! But first I have to buy it a Auto turner (she didn't have one with this one). I don't think I could turn eggs 3 times a day with my busy life! I would probably mess it up. I was thinking Silkies! Anyone have silkie eggs out there?? They are super cute!!

3. linebacker

linebacker Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 6, 2007
    North West Tennessee
    Congrats Bearcat.
    I wish you the best of luck. Just beware you have now started a habit that can and probably will last a lifetime. LOL
    Brad

4. championny

championny Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2008
    Saint Johns, AZ
    I remember when I bought my LG incubator. I was so excited. I did however learn that i am very impatient since now on day 17 I am getting more and more anxious for these little guys to come.. You'll see what I mean! [​IMG]

5. wilds of pa

wilds of pa Chillin' With My Peeps

bearcat73, make sure you pick up a second thermo to make sure the temp is correct as the ones that noramly come with these foam bators are not correct.

Hope you have a great hatch....

Charlie

Last edited: Apr 18, 2008
  6. bearcat73

bearcat73 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 29, 2008
    Southwest Ohio
    wilds of pa - I just got back from walmart with my candling flashlight and digital thermom/hygrometer. [​IMG]

7. Zookeeper9000

Zookeeper9000 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2008
    Gladstone MI
    Bearcat where did you find red dorkings? Congrats and Happy Hatching

8. jnjross

jnjross Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2008
    edwards, ms
    I just got my lg from corey nc. yeah

9. Vamp-A-Billy Princess

Vamp-A-Billy Princess Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Indiana
    Gettin mine Sunday. Thanx for the tip about the thermometer. I'll have to get one of those too.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by