got my breeder pen almost done !..

swheat

The Bantam Barn
14 Years
Mar 18, 2008
Alabama
My Coop
My Coop
I have been working on this 2 story breeder pen with egg roll-out. I got it boxed in but still have to cut out the doors. I am glad most of the wire cutting and crimping of the wire is DONE ! my hands are trying to cramp up...
lau.gif
The pen is 10 feet long with 6 pens per row(12 total) so that will keep enough breeders to keep me busy for a while(til I get more pens done
hide.gif
).
I am going to install low-pressure watering cups and a feed trough made from 2 inch pvc pipe. I don't have the poop pans inserted in the space between the pens. I inclined the bottoms 2 inches, hopefully that will be enough for the eggs to roll to the front.

7576_dscn0051.jpg

7576_dscn0050.jpg

Syble,

Each pen is 20 X 20, I plan on a pairs, trios, or maybe quads...just have to see how it goes. I have 1 inch lip turned at the end just hard to see in the pic(wire blending with wire) 3 inches out plus the 1 inch lip ... it is a 2 inch drop..I don't think they will jump..
lau.gif

ETA- the pitch looks greater than it really is, probably also the angle of the pic makes it look that way.

Last edited:
maybe it just looks more extream then it actually is, i just worry about cracks in the eggsbut i suppose you could always pad it

Thats a great looking pen. I really like it wouldn't mind having a couple set up indoors with lights for the winter. Think I can just order a couple from you. Lol.

Quote:
thanks, I don't think I could do these in production..LOL, but if you were close I would sure help you build one.
smile.png

That is nice....only problem i see is wire size if they are not going to be inside a secure building. Anything bigger than 1/2 inch will leave your birds open to attack...believe me, i know from experience! 1" allows for predators' paws to reach in a pull off bird parts ....nothing much worse than being greeted by THAT first thing in the morning when you go out to feed!
hit.gif

Back
Top Bottom