Got my cock bird back--with a funny story

I do not doubt it for a moment pigeons have excellent facial recognition skills. I have witnessed this many times.

No need to even have doubt, it is a scientifically proven fact that pigeons memorize pictures/images, and also faces! One study proved, using food as a positive reinforcement, that pigeons were not only able to tell the difference between Picasso and Monet paintings, but could pick out the various eras/styles of the art work. Incredible critters they are.

No need to even have doubt, it is a scientifically proven fact that pigeons memorize pictures/images, and also faces! One study proved, using food as a positive reinforcement, that pigeons were not only able to tell the difference between Picasso and Monet paintings, but could pick out the various eras/styles of the art work. Incredible critters they are.
You can also train pigeons (they do this in college for physiology classes) and it’s fairly easy when you use food as a positive training tool.

Also, that story was AMAZING I’m glad you got him back and that he is okay. He’s beautiful!

Nice story. Seems like Frost can be a bit of a trouble maker. But sometimes it has a positive effect.

Well, as of recently he appears to have taken a mate / had a hen accept him. Too bad it's his sister LOL. Not from his clutch though, she is from a different clutch, if that even matters. In any event, he seems happy, has been very calm and on good behavior, so I don't think I'm going to do anything about it.

Back
Top Bottom