Got my first egg today!! I have questions though.

Yeah, I’ve incubated before and this egg is actually a product of hens I incubated… feels so much more rewarding! I have blue runners and rouens
Look for blue egg shell in your blue runners, My blue Runner lays a blue egg. Actually all my Runners except my fawn and White lay blue eggs.

Do you think it’s something I should worry about? Should I change something in their diet? It’s not in every egg but i’ve been seeing it at least every other day
I can't say confidently that it isn't a problem. But my ducks are 6.5 and 7.5 years old. They get well duckling vet exams twice yearly with bloodwork. They just got preventative body radiographs and were declared healthy. Personally I've never worried about it.

Do your ducks eat duck food, have access to oyster shells, and get some foraging time? Do you keep treats to a minimum? They you are probably good on diet!

I can't say confidently that it isn't a problem. But my ducks are 6.5 and 7.5 years old. They get well duckling vet exams twice yearly with bloodwork. They just got preventative body radiographs and were declared healthy. Personally I've never worried about it.

Do your ducks eat duck food, have access to oyster shells, and get some foraging time? Do you keep treats to a minimum? They you are probably good on diet!
They have free access to purina duck pellets, have oyster shells on the side, and get foraging time! I’ll have to find a vet near by to get them exams. I never knew that was a thing for ducks!😂

They have free access to purina duck pellets, have oyster shells on the side, and get foraging time! I’ll have to find a vet near by to get them exams. I never knew that was a thing for ducks!😂
Try looking for an exotic animal veterinarian or avian vet. Even then you might want to clarify that they are familiar with poultry, and not just parrots. And be prepared for the charges to be about 30% higher than cat/dog clinics.

I've had surgery done on my ducks, saving their lives. Or simple calcium levels checks. For us it has been incredibly valuable.

Back
Top Bottom