Got my McMurry order Sunday!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by D Bar J Acres, Feb 23, 2009.

1. D Bar J Acres

D Bar J Acres Out Of The Brooder

Apr 22, 2007
    Well, got my chicks Sunday afternoon - ran 1 hour to the distribution center to get them. I ordered 11 black sex-links, 14 buff brahma bantams and 3 dark brahma bantams. Plus a pack of Gro-gel.

What I got was

11 black sex links
    13 buff brahma bantams
    3 dark brahma bantams (one doa)
    and the exotic - which is a light brahma bantam - kinda cool as I have all 3 colors now.

So, they sent me NO extras and shorted me one. One doa and one BBB that looks poorly today. And no Gro-gel.

So, my order wasn't perfect, but the chicks seem good and healthy except the one. I'll be calling them to tell them about the missed items. I'm very surprised I got no extra chicks either.

2. farmerlor

farmerlor Chillin' With My Peeps

Did you look under the matting and in the sides of the box for that gro-gel? It's just a little, tiny envelope and could be anywhere.

3. texaschick-a-dee

texaschick-a-dee Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 8, 2008
    Texas coast
    Make sure that you look under the bedding for the gro-gel, they pack it under the chicks.

4. D Bar J Acres

Apr 22, 2007
    Okay, I'll actually pick the bedding out and look. I was expecting a packet the size of the B vitamin stuff. Thanks

5. emmalynn

emmalynn Silkies Sebbies OEGBs

Oct 16, 2008
    Middle TN
    They did the same pretty much to me last year. They did give me a credit that I used on this year's batch. I figure that with the sheer numbers they deal with, I an occassional mistake can be overlooked.

6. Buck Creek Chickens

Buck Creek Chickens Have Incubator, Will Hatch

Nov 26, 2008
    Neenah, WI
    I'm happy yours made it, at least some out alive, 4 boxes at my PO didn't, very sad [​IMG] the delivery guy locked them in the back of the truck by the outside wall, they got to cold.

7. D Bar J Acres

Apr 22, 2007
    OMG is that a small packet of Gro-gel! It was in an envelope under the bedding. I mixed them up some of it at lunch. At least I'll have it for the goslings and ducklings in 4 weeks. [​IMG]

The chicks are VERY active, just one "downer" at lunch and don't think he'll be around when I get home tonite.

I'm very happy with them so far. I've had far worse things happen!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by