Got my new auto door in

Bird Collector

Songster
10 Years
Aug 13, 2009
North Carolina
Well finally decided on an automatic door. The pullet shut door and it is the bomb. The girls adaptived well. Now the coop door can stay shut and it will stay wormer in their coop for the day and night. I made them a window with hardware cloth for light and a window to incert for winter. I love watching
pop.gif
it open and the girls toddling out chatting away.
wee.gif

39034_august20010_136.jpg

Cool. I think I'll have one very soon too. I really like the way you installed it in the double door. Great use of space.

Margot

I Love my auto door it is the best money I have every spent on my chicks or myself . No more going out in the rain and cold to open and close a door. For a short time I used a offshore fishing rod and braided line to lift and shut my coop door worked ok but looked a little getto on the front porch. pura vida Matoe

I have considered installing a door like yours, but have a couple of concerns. (1) I need a door that opens the opposite direction from yours. (2) I have a raccoon problem and I am afraid it will be able to force the door open. They are very clever and able to use their paws like hands. ----------Any advice?

You can change the swing of the door but check with factory. and I have not had a coon to pull the door open. the only thing I don't like is the way you set open and closing times.

Quote:
How the times are set is by going out the first time in the morning that you want the door to open and hold a small (given) magnet over the red dot on the box above the door and the door opens and sets the morning time. Then you do the same at night and that sets the evening time. To reset times you just disconnect the power for 10 to 15 seconds then you can reset the times. I love the thing. I tried to pry the door open pretending to be a predetor and it is a solid door. I did have a friend hook it up to the electric in my coop. I recomend it>

Back
Top Bottom