Got my new little babies for the year!

Merro

Songster
8 Years
Oct 21, 2012
Only four this time, trying to tame them a lot better through hand-feeding and spoiling.

We've got (presumably) One Cuckoo Maran, One Welsummer, One Easter Egger, and One Salmon Favorelle. Supposed to be all pullets! The EE was the only one I bought "commercially" at Farm and Home (roos and pullets all together but the males were supposed to be marked), the others were from a feed supplier that only orders pullets according to them. Which we only got females last time, so hoping for the same.

If anyone wants to start any guesses or dash my hopes and dreams, here they are lol:

Welsummer:

Maran:

EE:

Salmon:

SO CUTE!!!
love.gif

That's good to hear! Last year all the babies I bought were from Rural King, and were starting to have underbeaks and all sorts of feet issues by this time.. It was pretty heartbreaking so I had no new chickens that were viable.

These ones are all very voracious and adorable. They follow my hand around like a god. Haha

1 and a half weeks update!

Salmon is pulling some nice brown into her wings. And tons of curled feet feathers.

EE is partridging quite nicely. Definitely most concerned on gender of this one! Is the sweetest.

The Maran is kind of smudgy lacing, and is the most shy.

And the Welsummer can fly. Like seriously. Good grief.

Back
Top Bottom