Got my very first egg!!!

hunter1hall

Songster
10 Years
Apr 28, 2009
Mackville, Kentucky
This is old hat to most, but let me tell you i am as excited as I have been in a long time. Is that crazy? It was like winning the lottery or something. It was one of my five buff orps. She started singing her "egg laying" song and I being new at all this was unaware what she was doing. Finally it dawned on me what was happening. Anyway, shortly after she layed a small egg. It was great! Cant wait till tomorrow. She has two other sisters the same age, hopefully they will join her soon.
big_smile.png

Congrats on you first egg! That is great!

I am still waiting for my first egg. My Delewares and RIR's are 18 weeks old...so I am eagerly waiting. My daughters go out and check every morning and every time we come home from an erraned. I am sure it will be soon.

Hunter1-I wasn't there for the song, but I had just left the coop
about an hour before. Went out and there it was. Was so eggcited,
took it in the house to show my hubby(he was in the shower)
roll.png
I also
asked him if he planted it there-couldn't believe it.

This must have been a good day for first eggs. I thought i heard some different sounds coming from the coop this morning. Went back out to check their water about 10 and there it was. Took it in the house to show the wife and get her to take a pic. Then off to the feed store....time for layer feed. wooo hoooo. Hopefully all 10 will be laying in the next week or so.

Back
Top Bottom