GOT ONE!

Quote:
Cook it whole. Tastes like chicken.
sad.png

Quote:
The poor guys have such a bad rap. They really aren't that bad. I've been told that they keep down the rat population, eat rotten fruit, etc. Actually, I feel bad for them. Glad you didn't kill him though, relocating is the thing. Good job!

I do a lot of preditor trapping for a living, fox coon and groundhog mostly. I also fur trap in the winter. Possums used to bring a couple dollars each. They are really not worth skinning. I have never ate one and don't think I know anyone who has.

The very first night I put by chicks in the coop I went out the check on them in the middle of the n ight and scared the bajeezis out of a possum.

Maybe it was the other way around.

Either way, as usual, I was all action and no thinking. I ended up running at it arms flailing screaming "AAAUUGH! Get out of my yard!!!"

It wasnt until i was safely back in bed that rabies crossed my mind.

lol.

I should get some traps.

Possums are just plain nasty! There was one last year kept getting in the yard to eat fallen apples. My dogs would wake me up baying and fighting. (between each other) I'd go out and it'd be possum. dogs would run in. grab, growl and shake it . I swear I'd hear it popping. (Gross, I know) next morning, it's gone. I KNOW possums are wrapped in bubble wrap for protection! It took 3 catchings and a pistol to finally finish it off.

Back
Top Bottom