GOT ONE!

chick2good4u

Songster
11 Years
May 10, 2008
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
there have been two opossums hanging out around the chicken house. Got one - one more to go. Animal control came out and took this one away for me. He wasn't a happy camper!

DSC02028.jpg

DSC02027.jpg

DSC02024.jpg

Good Job! I have a trap just like that. I have not had any problems with the pests and the coop but I will definitely activate my trap if I do. I know you are tickled to have him gone.

vortec

We live in a small town and my husband is building our coop and run in our small backyard. For the past three weeks I have put two traps out like yours and caught two of those ugly critters in our traps. No one will come pick them up so hubby is dealing with it. I figure its better to cut down on the urban predators before our girls even make it outside. LoL those are sure ugly animals. Good catch!

My main predator problems especially for free ranging pullets and bantans are feral house cats. Talk about a mean critter when it's trapped in a cage. I have to wear welding gloves to move the trap. I relocated two of them a great distance from my home over about two weeks and have not lost another bird. Great job catching the opossum. I set my trap every so often just in case other unwanted critters visit the area near my coop. I call it Proactive Predator Control.

PS: If I catch my neighbors cat I turn it loose besides he is too lazy, fat and happy to bother my birds. If a cat I catch has a collar and is freidnly I try to call the owner to pick it up. No collars get relocated.

Back
Top Bottom