Got out the zip ties today....

shelleyd2008

the bird is the word
11 Years
Sep 14, 2008
Adair Co., KY
And I swear, everyone of my quail was crowing!
lau.gif
At least that's what it sounded like!
My babies have started to crow, so I need to figure out who's who. I have 20 'babies', 7 goldens and 13 tuxedo/tibetans. Most of the t&t are tux, I think there are only 2 or 3 that don't look tuxedo. One is real pretty, I hope it's a girl! It looks almost like a cross between golden and tibetan, very dark with gold barring on the feathers.

I also combined my jumbo browns, hope this doesn't throw off their laying. I put the 3 older females and 1 male in with the 7 younger females and 1 male, so it should be all right. So far, the only 'fighting' I've seen was between the girls, the males just don't know what to do with all the extras!
lau.gif

So, as it looks right now, I have 2 adult tuxedo males and 2 females; 10 jumbo brown females and 2 males; 5 A&M females and 5 males
hmm.png
; 1 golden female and 6 males
he.gif
; and the 13 tux/tibetans. I know there are at least 2 males in those, cause I saw them crow! I caught one to mark, but the other one evaded me. They aren't foaming enough to tell which are which, except the one I tagged. He foamed all over me, and emptied his crop as well
sickbyc.gif

Anyone need some male quail?? Pretty please?
lau.gif

LOL! I have enough excess roos here to last a life time.... well breeding lifetime i guess.. dunno really why im keeping them
tongue.png

I have a theory abotu something ive not tested the theory yet BUT it seems if the roos are AROUND breeding age but arent exactly foaming yet, it seems that the roos are the ones when youp ick up making almost a growling chortle.. where as the hens either are quiet or do the "im scared cry". What im getting at is you *may* be able to telljust by their voice kinda like ducks
smile.png
JUSt a thought!
big_smile.png

Quote:
I can tell you that doesn't work
big_smile.png
All of the A&M roos were doing the 'I'm scared' cry when I was zipping their legs....so it doesn't work here!!

Quote:
big_smile.png
All of the A&M roos were doing the 'I'm scared' cry when I was zipping their legs....so it doesn't work here!!

LOL not while you're putting a ziptie on i mean just holding them calmly silly
lau.gif
ofcourse not during that because they all act like they are dying.

Quote:
big_smile.png

lau.gif

Oh,
roll.png
Mine don't know the meaning of the phrase 'holding calmly', so there's no way to test that for me. At least not with the A&Ms!
lau.gif

Quote:
lau.gif

Oh,
roll.png
Mine don't know the meaning of the phrase 'holding calmly', so there's no way to test that for me. At least not with the A&Ms!
lau.gif

Im going to charge my camera today and try to record what im talking about and play around with it (pick up a ton of birds and see if my theory is right). But if you have looney bins like you do hhahaha then maybe it wont always be possible
lau.gif

They aren't too bad, as long as they don't think I'm going to touch them. That's when they freak. Putting my hand in their cage is no problem, but actually touching them....well, I guess I must have cooties
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom