got some chocolates

LOL... I need some too!!! So far all 11 that I have hatched have been Hens! But at least I have Buff male that's more than happy to have a Harem of Chocolate Hens, lol

lol i hope i have at lest 3 or 4 males i out of the 9 the 3 i seperated buck wheat what i been doing is taken one out of the pen and taking it away from the others and letting it go so than they calls and at night or sometime the same day i catch it up band it and return it to pen if i cant catch them i just wait til night and they are roosting right on the post hanging out the pen

Quote:
LOLOL... I hear ya. So far I have 64 confirmed Hens (combined total, in all of my flocks) as of today. (I catch and band a few each day). But that's not counting all of the 3-4 month old pullets I am selling or the 6-8 week olds that are starting to chime in. At least they sort of get a harmony/rhythm going...
barnie.gif

Hens are good tho, they PRODUCE for ya. If you had all males you'd probably be havin' Chocolate Guinea stew quite often this spring, lol.

Quote:
There are a couple of different ways to tell:

First, their sounds are different, Boys say "chi chi chi" a one syllable sound. Girls say "buck wheat buck wheat" a two syllable sound.

Second, the way they look, the Boys wattle will be more like if your hand was cupped, the Girls wattle will be more flat and smaller.
102830_guineaheads.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom