Got the call, going to pick up!!! ^_^

Update: The chick pictured below is on it's last legs. I have tried everything I can to bring it back around. nothing is working.
sad.png
Looks like I will be calling McMurray first thing in the morning to ask for a replacement pullet. Hopefully they will be able to add it to a local feed store's order.
75928_potentially_lakenvelder.jpg

little lakenvelder chick died at 10:15 pm on March 14, 2011.
sad.png

at 12 m the little gold chick died.
sad.png

I was worried for both of these chicks when I first opened the box, just because of how small they were compared to any of the others. Praying I don't lose one of the creveceour chicks while I am sleeping, it has started looking tired/weak... I pulverized some of the medicated chick feed in hopes that they would have an easier time eating it... we shall see. I know that neither of these chicks were packing peanuts, due to the fact that both had a double layer of feathers on their wings signifying that they were pullets. I am really hoping that there is a feed store near by that is ordering through McMurray so I can just tack on my 2 replacement chicks(hopefully not 3 by morning). Not going to be the usually happy conversation with them tomorrow.
sad.png

So sorry about yer losses. The little Polish chickies are always my favorites, with their little pompador heads. Wish you better luck with the rest!

Woke up to find one of the Silver Grey Dorkings and one of the Creveceour dead.
hit.gif
Contacted McMurray Hatchery and they credited the amount for each chick plus their vaccinations back onto the credit card.

Knew that TSC had chicks, so went down and discovered that all the remaining chicks were clearance to $1/chick due to them getting in new ones tomorrow or Thursday... so, came home with 23 chicks(14 delaware and/or Columbian Rock x's, 4 Black giants, 1{potentially} Black Minorca, and 4 {supposedly} Golden Laced Wyandottes) for $22!!! 1 of the delaware or columbian rock x's had been beat up by the others and TSC said we could just have it.
celebrate.gif

So, they may not be the breeds that I really loved and had been hoping for, but who could pass up that bargain!!

Back
Top Bottom