Got the call this morning

awww! glad to hear about your lil chickies arriving
smile.png

They are adorable!
love.gif

Are they Barred Plymouth rocks? One of our MPC chicks is a Barred Plymouth rock, and she is the friendliest one of the group. Always the first to try new things and very affectionate.
smile.png

I CAN'T WAIT TO GET MY CALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SUPPOSED TO BE SENT OUT WEDNESDAY AT 0500, I WON'T BE ABLE TO SLEEP!!!
wee.gif

I am completely helpless to this addiction called chickens................................:bow

Congrats! Pictures are sSOOOOOO cute! I am so jealous!! I do LOVE to look at everybody's pictures!

Last edited:
Quote:
I dont know about barred rock chicks, but they remind me of black astrolorp... hard to tell at this age
as for the packing peanuts, I LOVE SUPRISES!!!
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
nothing better than free chicks eather, & sometimes they turn out to be pullets! thats why when I order online I always get an assortment. It makes for a funny looking flock when they are grown but I cant help myself!!! also, there is always somthing for everybody
wink.png
also, when I get chicks from the feed stores I ask for any extras (some take orders & order extras for anyone who wants them but didnt get the chance to order in advance) OR take 2 or more from each box. normally I dont look at the breeds when Im picking my chicks at the TSC, I just grab a couple out of each tub & when they grow there feathers in I look for chickens that look like them on line.
smile.png
The only chicks I steer clear of is sex-links, stars, & other hybreeds that wont breed true... I also grab a couple of ducklings too, every time
tongue.png
even tho I know they are pekings (thats the only breed that my local TSC carries)... I pick the funny looking ones like last year there was a RED Duckling in with a bunch of yellow ones. I took it as soon as I saw it and 1 yellow. grew up to be a BEAUTIFAL pekin hen, the other was a so/so pekin drake. nothing better than picking a breeding pair, right
cool.png
unfortanatly, the drake was killed last winter by a fox, before the hen ever laid any eggs
hit.gif

They are actually Barred Rock. I got earlier this year 5 barred rock and 5 astrolorp and around the second week you could start to tell them apart! And yea... thats a whole lot of little black peppers!!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom