Got the last bantams...

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Harvest Mint, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Harvest Mint

Harvest Mint Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 16, 2016
    Philadelphia, Tennessee
    Went to Tractor Supply to my pick up some chicks to replace the ones I lost in the last two months and all they had left were 10 assorted bantams. They had a 6 chick minimum so I just went with all of them. Anyway they all look about the same so I assume they are the same breed. Would anyone be able to tell me what they may be? Some seem to have really dark eyeliner like markings and some don't. Could that be a gender related thing or just a variant? There are two jerseys in there so pay them no mind.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks in advance for your help! [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. silkie1472

silkie1472 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2016
    I got some of these last year and they ended up being old English game bantams. I do now know them very well, but I would say that they are silver duckwing.

3. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    The various degrees of "eyeliner" are not signs of gender. They are probably Old English Game bantams of the Silver Duckwing and Golden Duckwing varieties.

4. Harvest Mint

Harvest Mint Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 16, 2016
    Philadelphia, Tennessee
    I wasn't sure how to describe their eye markings. I have heard some breeds have certain characteristics associated with each gender. But since these seem to be Old English Bantams then they obviously don't have those kind characteristics. It would be cool to have both duckling varieties. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    x2 Bantam Lover

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by