Gotta Tell Someone!!!! SHE DID IT!!!!!

joletabey

SDWD!!!!
10 Years
Apr 9, 2009
western NC
Sorry, I am silly excited, but I was working outside and heard one of my 17 week old this Thursday Delaware girls practicing the egg song!!!! Loud and clear! I need to figure out which one it was and rename her Brunhilde- it was LOUD!!!
wee.gif

Last edited:

joletabey

SDWD!!!!
10 Years
Apr 9, 2009
western NC
Thank you, all of you! Laney, I will post a first egg picture when I actually get one over on the Delaware thread- it may take a few days yet, though, maybe? I am not experienced anough to know.

NeelysAVLchicks- outside of Asheville, too - in Canton. You are not very far from me at all!

I came in to add to this- CORA IS SCRATCHING AROUND IN A NEST BOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Several of my 8 girls have been squatting for over a week, and about two days ago, Cora's comb started getting red and a little bigger-

This is way sooner than I thought it would happen!!!!!
wee.gif

Last edited:

Happy Chooks

Free Ranging
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
Jul 9, 2009
Northern CA
My Coop
My Coop
Yay!!!!! You think the egg song is loud, just wait until they all join in!!!! But some are more loud than others.

I look forward to seeing your first egg.
clap.gif

I'm still waiting on that welsummer egg. My girls are 19 weeks old now. No squatting yet.

crazyhen

Crowing
11 Years
Aug 26, 2008
mtns of ,NC.
Hi NC mtn girls! I am in Franklin NC Below you both. Yes just wait until they all join in. I have orps., but when the splash roo joins its really a sound fest. Gloria Jean

joletabey

SDWD!!!!
10 Years
Apr 9, 2009
western NC
Gloria Jean- Franklin is just a hop, skip and a jump away! I have one blue Orp roo that I just adore - right now I have 7 roos total, and it's already loud if they all let loose- I can imagine what adding 8 hens will do- guess it's time to move some roos out!
smile.png

Top Bottom