Gotta Tell Someone!!!! SHE DID IT!!!!!

joletabey

SDWD!!!!
10 Years
Apr 9, 2009
western NC
Sorry, I am silly excited, but I was working outside and heard one of my 17 week old this Thursday Delaware girls practicing the egg song!!!! Loud and clear! I need to figure out which one it was and rename her Brunhilde- it was LOUD!!!
wee.gif

Last edited:
Thank you, all of you! Laney, I will post a first egg picture when I actually get one over on the Delaware thread- it may take a few days yet, though, maybe? I am not experienced anough to know.

NeelysAVLchicks- outside of Asheville, too - in Canton. You are not very far from me at all!

I came in to add to this- CORA IS SCRATCHING AROUND IN A NEST BOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Several of my 8 girls have been squatting for over a week, and about two days ago, Cora's comb started getting red and a little bigger-

This is way sooner than I thought it would happen!!!!!
wee.gif

Last edited:
Yay!!!!! You think the egg song is loud, just wait until they all join in!!!! But some are more loud than others.

I look forward to seeing your first egg.
clap.gif

I'm still waiting on that welsummer egg. My girls are 19 weeks old now. No squatting yet.

Hi NC mtn girls! I am in Franklin NC Below you both. Yes just wait until they all join in. I have orps., but when the splash roo joins its really a sound fest. Gloria Jean

Gloria Jean- Franklin is just a hop, skip and a jump away! I have one blue Orp roo that I just adore - right now I have 7 roos total, and it's already loud if they all let loose- I can imagine what adding 8 hens will do- guess it's time to move some roos out!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom