GottaHatchAPlan Reporting to Chicken Duty!

:welcome

It sounds like you're enjoying Peggy, I hope the issues are settled fast.

Here's a link to an article in the Learning Center you may like...it's a chart of healthy treats for chickens (chooks to you :D):
Chicken Treat Chart—the Best Treats for Backyard Chickens

Best wishes!
Thank you!
Huh, interesting chart. Most of this stuff came up in prior research but the sugar's a little new. We've been mixing a 1/4 teaspoon of icing sugar into her water to encourage her to drink her medicine (under advice from the vet). Is that okay, do you think? Should I switch to something more natural like honey? Or nothing at all?

Thank you!
Huh, interesting chart. Most of this stuff came up in prior research but the sugar's a little new. We've been mixing a 1/4 teaspoon of icing sugar into her water to encourage her to drink her medicine (under advice from the vet). Is that okay, do you think? Should I switch to something more natural like honey? Or nothing at all?
:frowWhat exactly is icing sugar? I am not familiar with this type.

:frowWhat exactly is icing sugar? I am not familiar with this type.
Icing sugar is a very fine sugar used in deserts a lot. Also know as 'powdered sugar' or 'confectioners' sugar'.
Sugar-Powdered-Sugar-4.jpg

Thank you...I am familiar with powdered sugar just had no idea it was also called icing sugar.

Electrolytes formulated for chickens are usually labeled for "temporary use" not daily all the time use...so I don't think I personally would give sugar every day for a long period of time.
I do hope she recovers for you.
Have you thought about treating with antibiotics?

Thank you...I am familiar with powdered sugar just had no idea it was also called icing sugar.

Electrolytes formulated for chickens are usually labeled for "temporary use" not daily all the time use...so I don't think I personally would give sugar every day for a long period of time.
I do hope she recovers for you.
Have you thought about treating with antibiotics?
We're giving her Lincospectin, which is an antibiotic, in her water with the sugar simply meant to ensure she drinks it. We seemed to have caught it in the early stages and most of the symptoms (coughing, sneezing, throaty voice, bubbly eyes) do seem to be going down, with the bubbly eyes gone completely. If things get worse, we'll try for something stronger.

We're giving her Lincospectin, which is an antibiotic, in her water with the sugar simply meant to ensure she drinks it. We seemed to have caught it in the early stages and most of the symptoms (coughing, sneezing, throaty voice, bubbly eyes) do seem to be going down, with the bubbly eyes gone completely. If things get worse, we'll try for something stronger.
Oh ok great.
I am sorry...I must have missed that you were already giving her antibiotics.
:thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom