GPS, don't like um

I called the power company in the nearest town (14+ Miles) and asked them to send someone out to see if I could receive the wireless internet that they offered. They told me they couldn't offer me their service because it wouldn't work that far away. Well after talking to one of the installers and told him I was up quite high and that I could see their antenna he decided to come out. I told him my address, told him exactly how to get here and to NOT use a GPS. A few weeks went by and I hadn't heard from them. I called him and he said that he had been here and I wasn't home at the time and that I could receive their service and he would be out soon. A few days later they showed up to do the install in a HUGE bucket truck. They got it all installed and we were standing around talking and the guy said "I should have listened to you when you told me to not use the GPS". Now I live in the middle of nowhere. I mean way back in the sticks!! He said they came down in the bucket truck the first time using the GPS and ended up about 3 miles past my place on a very unmaintained "dirt with a little gravel on it" road. That's where the GPS said my address was. They said they had to back that truck almost 3 miles to get to a place they could turn around. They had to trim trees because the limbs were hanging up on the truck going backwards. After they turned around and started heading back in my direction they stopped the truck to figure out where they were and found out they were right in front of my drive. I had already put my address in my GPS and knew where it would take them. They said it took them hours to fix their booboo.
My hard headed brother in law decided to come down from St. Louis for Thanksgiving. I told him not to use the GPS. Well like I said....Hard headed!!!! You know the rest of the story.

Back
Top Bottom