GPS, don't like um

I had a co-worker who called me "JPS" - my first name, + PS - he could call me from any one of our job sites, and ask me to get to anywhere else, and I could tell him. I knew more routes than his GPS in his phone.

It's an inherited trait; my Dad could do the same thing. We always knew all the roads wherever we lived (and we moved a lot) for 50 miles or more, dirt roads included. I can go back to places I haven't lived for 30 years and find my way around. I have a great sense of direction and where I'm at. My mom, on the other hand, can't read a map - and can't find something if she hasn't been there in 6 months.
lol.png

GPS is great for finding alternate routes when I'm in an unfamiliar area and there's an accident, or general directions, but I also try to find out where I'm going instead of depending solely on one.

I enjoy mine.

I named it after my MIL who is also an annoying backseat driver.

I like to NOT go the way she tells me just to hear her tell me "at the next opportunity, make LEGAL u-turn"
lol.png

I do like that she keeps me at the speed limit, though. My tires are not quite the right size for my SUV, so the speedometer is off a bit.

You can't find our house with a GPS. It will always take you someplace else, but not here. Gave my kids Garmins for Christmas one year. My daughter called to say she had learned three languages on the way to Alabama to visit family after Christmas, but all she could say was "turn right", "turn left", and "recalculating"! DH's aunt got there's stuck on a foreign language (forget which one) and they couldn't understand a word it said for a year.

Quote:
Good idea Terrie, maybe I should name hubby's GPS "Rosey"
lol.png
(yep, she is my MIL but never call her one) She was annoying from the get go!

Around here everyone knows how directionally challenged I am the running joke is only person I know who can get really lost with GPS. I do better with maps.

I use OnStar. It is alot better than a GPS. I did get directions off google maps
barnie.gif
from here to an address in Huntsville, and ended up in a cotton field.
barnie.gif

Quote:
I use mine for the same purpose, it is an old truck and odometer works but not the speedometer. And it is a good clock

Best feature for me, is when I am out and about on a fun drive, I can turn the sound off and see about what time I would be home if I turned around now (ask it to find the route home) Makes it easier to calculate if I can stop a few more places or just quick head home

Back
Top Bottom