GQF 1200

BettyIrvin

Hatching
Apr 17, 2021
I bought an old GQF 1200 cabinet model a few years ago off craigslist. It worked great the first couple of years and then the automatic turner stopped working. I can still lift the switch and make it turn manually. That was a couple years ago that it quit. I bought a new timer and put on, but still not working in the automatic mode. Like I said, it's been a couple years since this happened and I haven't messed with it until today, but cannot for the life of me remember how to turn it to automatic, as it seems there was a trick to doing it manually until it reached a certain point and then switching it to automatic? Am I crazy or anyone know what I'm talking about?
Thanks for any input you can give!!!

I bought an old GQF 1200 cabinet model a few years ago off craigslist. It worked great the first couple of years and then the automatic turner stopped working. I can still lift the switch and make it turn manually. That was a couple years ago that it quit. I bought a new timer and put on, but still not working in the automatic mode. Like I said, it's been a couple years since this happened and I haven't messed with it until today, but cannot for the life of me remember how to turn it to automatic, as it seems there was a trick to doing it manually until it reached a certain point and then switching it to automatic? Am I crazy or anyone know what I'm talking about?
Thanks for any input you can give!!!
It is entirely possible that it is the switch that failed. The switch set in the middle is off. The switch held up is manual. The switch in the down position is automatic.

Do not expect the trays to begin turning as soon as you switch to the auto position. The timer will finish its countdown and then the trays will turn. After that, the trays will turn once every three hours.

If you happen to check the trays at the wrong intervals, it can seem like they are not turning. Turn the switch to the down position. Note the time. Check again in 3 hours and then in another 3 hours. If you check at 6 hour intervals, the trays should always be in the same position, either tilted left or right. The auto turner will never automatically stop in the horizontal position.

Back
Top Bottom