GQF Cabinet Model 1270 Incubator

leirob007

Chirping
7 Years
Apr 4, 2012
Upstate South Carolina
Has anyone ever had any experiances with this incubator?
I had a friend bring me one the other day from an old hatchery.
it has 3 turning tables
an automatic watering system with a 5gal bucket tank.
a wet and dry stick thermometer
it seems to be holding a good temp with no swings like I am used to.
anyone have any feedback on it?

I have the incubator and hatcher and they work great and the accesseries are really nice. I've had nice hatches outta mine and the one I run at my school does nicely too.

So far I am really impressed.
the temp stays within 3 tenths of a degree of the set point.
I'm a bit worried about it though.
I've been doing a lot of things " wrong " to keep my hatches in over a 90% hatch rate.
This incubator is not going to let me do those things. like the humidity I've been running like a roller coaster from 50% to 18% before adding water back in to humidify. I'm going to try to keep it in the 30% range to start.
I'm not used to steady numbers day in and day out .
Any tips?

I love mine also, as long as you keep water for humidity checked they do great. I have used mine a incubator and seperate hatcher for about ten years now with never a replaced part.
Not to mention they were old when I got them! I would like to have some more of them, why I don't know, I guess I'm just an addict.
hide.gif

My 1270 is not working . How to change the thermostat? The fan works. Where can I get info?
Did you ever find this information? I had a neighbor just drop off 2 units and one had this model number (looks like one might be the incubator and the other the Hatcher?)

gqf thermostat

It is just a normal wafer thermostat according to a google search which basically is a thermostatically controlled switch. It only has two wires, pretty simple to change out. There is no polarity so it doesn't matter if you wire it up backwards or not.

They are filled with a gas which expands with temperature and if they crack, they won't work anymore, which can happen after time. If you look down between the wafer and body you will see a tiny button. Take a flat head screwdriver and press the button in and see if the heat comes on, if you can do so safely.

Back
Top Bottom