Grain Fed Rant

Cows weren't created/designed, or didn't evolve (depending on what you believe, not meant to be a creation/evolution debate) to eat grain, it has nothing to do with how it tastes, it has to do with ethics, and letting animals grow naturally... their digestive system doesn't function properly on a grain diet, not to mention the fact that the grain is fed to them in disgusting feedlots (google that)...
Grass fed beef also has 6x the omega 3 fatty acids, grass fed beef creates substantially less methane gas.... the list goes on and on and on...

What is corn and Milo? grains you say? ask any biologist they will tell you they are grasses......

Grass fed beef? Is there really enough land for cattle to be grass fed? Already ranchers have begun taking their cattle to gaze on public lands. Public lands with native wildlife. Wildlife which is being destroyed (or/an hunted and trapped) in order to provide more grazing for the cows.
Cows are meant to graze, not really eat corn, grains or rendered meat, but you get what you pay for.
This is not true, sorry, modern cattle cannot survive a harsh winter like wildlife. Studies show that grazing improves rangeland much like fire. Modern cattle actually need grains in thei diet for many reasons.

Grass fed beef? Is there really enough land for cattle to be grass fed? Already ranchers have begun taking their cattle to gaze on public lands. Public lands with native wildlife. Wildlife which is being destroyed (or/an hunted and trapped) in order to provide more grazing for the cows.
Cows are meant to graze, not really eat corn, grains or rendered meat, but you get what you pay for.
Most of the beef cattle in this country are raised on grass and finished on grain. Beef cows run on pasture, are bred on pasture and calve (give birth) on pasture. The calves are sold as feeders at several months of age and go to a feedlot to be finished on grain. Grass fed beef stays on pasture and does not go to the feedlot. The quality of grass fed beef varies a lot, and it takes a lot more time to properly finish a beef on grass than it does on grain. Grass fed beef has a different flavor and different fat than grain fed. Some people prefer it and some, like me, don't.

I don't know where the rendered meat comes from. Last I heard animal products were no longer added to feed for ruminents, of which cattle are one, because of mad cow disease.

What I meant was, the earth itself would be better off with more cows and fewer humans. Just about every social and ecological problem you can think of can be attributed to the overpopulation of one species. Homo sapiens.

I agree. If we had the 'brains' to stop having so many babies and slowly reduce our population, we could have a much nicer world and a cleaner and more pleasant environment.

Any wild animal that get in our way is 'culled' as it is said to be population control. We need human population control now!

Whats going to happen if we all keep breeding at our current rate. In the future it going to be hell on earth for us.

Back
Top Bottom