Grandma's 7th Birthday

Today, I would like to take the time to say happy birthday to my beloved chicken Grandma. She turned 7 this month so in this thread, I would like to take the time to talk about Grandma and why she is so special in our family.
View attachment 3443788
So, I don't know exactly when Grandma hatched out of her egg but around mid-March of 2016, I walked into Agway and walked out with a few baby chickens, ready to be put into our family. Grandma's original name was Pip, the other was Rose (passed) and the two others (gave away and passed) were nameless. Ill (gave away and passed) was the rooster. Now we go back to Grandma because I'm going on a tangent here.
View attachment 3443795
Grandma is a very funny chicken that cries very loudly for certain reasons and she is one of my best friends. She's been through death, her friends being taken away and now she is here with Tony, Parmesan and Mozzarella. Although Grandma is very slow and can walk in a weird way (especially running), she is still strong. Besides her "arthritis', she suffers from respiratory issues but I'm sure it is because she is very old. She seems to have a weird obsession with sugar, especially chocolate but I assure you I'm not giving her sugary snacks very often and if I do, I only give her a microscopic piece. She is the only chicken I've ever owned to live a long life. I hope Grandma lives to be 8 years old. Maybe she could beat the world record and in 10 years, she could be 17. It sounds impossible, but she still lives a healthy life. Tony also turned 6 and Parmesan and Mozzarella turned 3 this month, too.
View attachment 3443846
View attachment 3443847
View attachment 3443848
View attachment 3443849
View attachment 3443850
What a special chicken she is! 🥰🥰

Happy Burthday Grandma!

Happy Birthday GIF

Today, I would like to take the time to say happy birthday to my beloved chicken Grandma. She turned 7 this month so in this thread, I would like to take the time to talk about Grandma and why she is so special in our family.
View attachment 3443788
So, I don't know exactly when Grandma hatched out of her egg but around mid-March of 2016, I walked into Agway and walked out with a few baby chickens, ready to be put into our family. Grandma's original name was Pip, the other was Rose (passed) and the two others (gave away and passed) were nameless. Ill (gave away and passed) was the rooster. Now we go back to Grandma because I'm going on a tangent here.
View attachment 3443795
Grandma is a very funny chicken that cries very loudly for certain reasons and she is one of my best friends. She's been through death, her friends being taken away and now she is here with Tony, Parmesan and Mozzarella. Although Grandma is very slow and can walk in a weird way (especially running), she is still strong. Besides her "arthritis", she suffers from respiratory issues but I'm sure it is because she is very old. She seems to have a weird obsession with sugar, especially chocolate but I assure you I'm not giving her sugary snacks very often and if I do, I only give her a microscopic piece. She is the only chicken I've ever owned to live a long life. I hope Grandma lives to be 8 years old. Maybe she could beat the world record and in 10 years, she could be 17. It sounds impossible, but she still lives a healthy life. Tony also turned 6 and Parmesan and Mozzarella turned 3 this month, too.
View attachment 3443846
View attachment 3443847
View attachment 3443848
View attachment 3443849
View attachment 3443850
🎂

Back
Top Bottom