grandpa's feeders

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by goldeneggtees, Jul 18, 2011.

1. goldeneggtees

goldeneggtees Fluffy Butt Nut

Mar 11, 2009
    Long Island, NY
    Hi, I was wondering if anyone had any experience with treadle feeders from Grandpa's feeders? My DH ordered me one for my birthday, the large one and we got it today. It shipped with a broken pvc pipe where it was riveted to the metal. I just called and the nice woman said she'd send another asap. What do you think of their product and is there anything I should know about before use?

2. FLchook

FLchook Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2007
    Orlando, Florida
    Did you get a new one? Don't know anything about them.... but I really hope your next one makes you happy

3. goldeneggtees

Mar 11, 2009
    Long Island, NY
    I haven't gotten the replacement part yet but hope to soon. Luckily we are still able to use it the way it is until the part arrives. My hens are still in the learning process of using the feeder. I do worry about when one is standing on the treadle part and gets off, that there will be another hen eating from the side without her feet on the treadle and her head will get crushed by the feed cover. Sure hope that's not the case.

4. elisaliv

elisaliv Out Of The Brooder

Oct 3, 2014
    How do you like the feeders? I'm looking into purchasing one once we get chickens.

5. goldeneggtees

Mar 11, 2009
    Long Island, NY
    The treadle feeders are ok, though other birds (and rodents) can still learn to use them. I returned my Grandpa's feeder and got another kind. The name is The Chicken Tender Automatic Feeder and their web address is coopsnmore.com. They also sell on Ebay, http://www.ebay.com/itm/AUTOMATIC-3...689?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20b779e1e9

Mine was different from the ones they now sell, but I've been happy with it.

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by