Granny's gone and done it again

I have a delimna The old man that was born and raise on my farm, and has become a pretty good friend to all of us. Called this am BEFORE the coffee was working. He bought a bunch of clearance chicks from TSC. and NOW I think wants me to take them. I have no where that will really work at the moment, and my chicks are being shipped on May 14. his would be to old/big I think and the brooder room is NOT ready yet. Can't figure out how to tell him thanks but NO with out hurting his feelings. OH and I think from what he described some are one of those Bastard sex-link breeds.
That's tough. You haven't had an ounce of trouble with illness, buying only day olds and raising them there. It's been amazing seeing as how many birds you've had. I wouldn't want to risk bringing some virus in... it could seriously mess up your operation.

Does any one know if TSC vaccinates their chicks ??
How much are they selling them for? Vaccinated chicks are usually... what? about a buck more? You've got to ask them.

Oh and the 4Her... is she going to be bringing birds back to the farm after going to shows? Mostly it should be pretty safe, but same thing... you have to decide if it's worth the risk.

Back
Top Bottom