Granny's gone and done it again

And casually he mentioned one of the old girls is wheezing.

Go down; sure as poop she’s got some sort of respiratory issue/infection going on. Quick clean out of the grow out/quarantine coop and shes ensconced there for the night. I don’t even know what I can do for her. I’m going to have to keep a very close eye on my chickens though.

Crap and I’m supposed to mind my mother in law’s critters later this week. Crap.

And casually he mentioned one of the old girls is wheezing.

Go down; sure as poop she’s got some sort of respiratory issue/infection going on. Quick clean out of the grow out/quarantine coop and shes ensconced there for the night. I don’t even know what I can do for her. I’m going to have to keep a very close eye on my chickens though.

Crap and I’m supposed to mind my mother in law’s critters later this week. Crap.
Those respiratory diseases are miserable. I need to hurry up and winterize these coops and hutches. Our average first frost is in about a week. Sigh.

Those respiratory diseases are miserable. I need to hurry up and winterize these coops and hutches. Our average first frost is in about a week. Sigh.
I’m worried for my flock. They hadn’t found another vnd case in my town since that first one but still. She goes I think I should send her for a necropsy. What if sam’s growling last night wasn’t growling but wheezing? I didn’t notice it tonight but...

I’m also feeling worn out and guilt in general. I don’t see the cluckers til after dark four days of the week (except on days I let them out - which is most days cause I know hubs and Bucky are friends off)

I question myself. Am I doing the right thing? Am I providing them good care? Should I get rid of the roos? And peach...am I doing right by her? I’m not home til well after seven on gym with trainer nights. Six thirty to seven on any other night I hit the gym.

Bah. And it’s my birthday tomorrow and I’m absolutely not looking forward to it. 35 was bad but now I’ll be on the downslope to 40. Not where I pictured my life honestly.

Last edited:
I’m worried for my flock. They hadn’t found another vnd case in my town since that first one but still. She goes I think I should send her for a necropsy. What if sam’s growling last night wasn’t growling but wheezing? I didn’t notice it tonight but...

I’m also feeling worn out and guilt in general. I don’t see the cluckers til after dark four days of the week (except on days I let them out - which is most days cause I know hubs and Bucky are friends off)

I question myself. Am I doing the right thing? Am I providing them good care? Should I get rid of the roos? And peach...am I doing right by her? I’m not home til well after seven on gym with trainer nights. Six thirty to seven on any other night I hit the gym.

Bah. And it’s my birthday tomorrow and I’m absolutely not looking forward to it. 35 was bad but now I’ll be on the downslope to 40. Not where I pictured my life honestly.
Happy birthday, Star! Just be glad you are not hitting 60. It sucks.
I know I am not giving the absolute best care because I am so busy building that the cleaning I need to do is put off. But I do provide quality food and water. And I try my best to give them good shelter. It gets me outside and keeps me busy. But sometimes I wish I could travel once in a while.

Happy birthday, Star! Just be glad you are not hitting 60. It sucks.
I know I am not giving the absolute best care because I am so busy building that the cleaning I need to do is put off. But I do provide quality food and water. And I try my best to give them good shelter. It gets me outside and keeps me busy. But sometimes I wish I could travel once in a while.
Sometimes I wish I could do that too. I need to learn how to drive the motorhome and just go off somewhere sometime. Too bad. Going on an adventure. No off roading (not roaming Siri! Edited after posting) allowed.

Sigh. I just wish...it’s funny. When it was me and peach I had so much more time.

Last edited:
Sometimes I wish I could do that too. I need to learn how to drive the motorhome and just go off somewhere sometime. Too bad. Going on an adventure. No off roading (not roaming Siri! Edited after posting) allowed.

Sigh. I just wish...it’s funny. When it was me and peach I had so much more time.
Have a great night's rest. I am off to bed.

Back
Top Bottom