Granny's gone and done it again

I am still laughing over this! Full head of hair, too!

Morning all. Granny, hope everything goes well today. :hugs

Finally got my big bay window finished. I still need to paint the trim, but I was impatient. The full pic doesn’t show true colors, so I included the smaller pic that was a close-up of the duct tape.
View attachment 2035493

View attachment 2035492
The knobs are river rock drawer pulls that my bff made, but I tried to tighten a couple with the drill and broke them. I reglued But was impatient and didn’t wait long enough for them to set. So the duct tape was holding the last one in place while the glue hardened.
Way to get 'er done!
I was going to say orchids would be nice with the African violets... saw one in your shopping cart!

I have a friend over helping with a mural in DD’s room!
View attachment 2035701
Lucky DD! I'm jealous, and getting ideas :D lots of blank walls here. What kind of paint do you use for the mural?

long horrible day and lots to tell but too much pain right now. For now I will tell you it was good news I guess. The stenting will be done after all and its 2 weeks from yesterday. :yesss:
That's great. Stent placement will be much easier on Tom. Score one for the new Dr.

got a call from the census taker today, wanted to schedule a time to show up here. Silly wench wanted to know if April 9th would work. My response was "how the hell would I know, I don't know what's happening tomorrow" I also warned her that any race or sex questions would be refused to answer as they are sexist and racist and helps to continue to the problems. BUT I digress. Finally ended up with a tentative time and she/they are supposed to call a week in advance should they NOT I will make SURE to be gone.
I have never heard of them coming to a home unless there is no response during the census. I remember one year my mom was super mad because we got the extended census version with extra questions. She didn't think it was any of their business... mad mad red haired woman!

I am still laughing over this! Full head of hair, too!

Way to get 'er done!
I was going to say orchids would be nice with the African violets... saw one in your shopping cart!

Lucky DD! I'm jealous, and getting ideas :D lots of blank walls here. What kind of paint do you use for the mural?

That's great. Stent placement will be much easier on Tom. Score one for the new Dr.

I have never heard of them coming to a home unless there is no response during the census. I remember one year my mom was super mad because we got the extended census version with extra questions. She didn't think it was any of their business... mad mad red haired woman!

I used acrylic craft paint— cheaper and easy to mix. We’re going to seal it when we’re finished.

A recount of my day after PPs have had a chance to let me take a breath. Lets see if you can keep up. We left at 9am and went through Scottsburg to jump on the freeway. 65 SB and we got there pretty easy. Having to change freeways once to one I dont remember the name of. Parked right across the street from the place. Crossed the road and all we seen were huge stepss. It was raining of course. I pushed Tom all around that place til we found a different door. Went in where there was tons of paperwork waiting on me. Exact same questions I had answered the night before over the phone (including race and sex) I started his IV and got busy on the paperwork. Got called back an hr late. 12:30.
Dr doesnt want to operate on Tom. Its too risky at his age and health. He will try the stent instead but we will need to come back for other tests first. I dont think so bub. Do them now.
(that worked !) LOL come back at 2 to have them done. OK out to car to smoke then back in. I thought everything went good . He showed me a stent that was 6in long. This IS doable. Which also means it could of already been done.
I couldnt find the fish store I was so excited about and thats because its in Clarksville, Not New albany but 15 mins away. Ya, were going there. Im driving !
And thats when the trouble began. Tom said, I dropped your Tom Tom You will need to fix it. It took us through every neighborhood there was between the 2 places . 20 MPH. but it got us there. I said LOOK TOM , A RED LOBSTER !! I was so excited. He said , I dont like red lobster.
hu? Yes you do. almost in tears. We used to go every year on our anniver. He said, I didnt like it then and I dont like it now and Im not going ! Go through a driv thru. :hit:hit:hit
so I went to subways where all their subs were 5 bucks. I told the guy I am starved. I havent ate today and I ordered 3 footlongs. He said Is that for here ? I asked, Does it look like I could eat all that ? He said well you said you were starved , heres breakfast, lunch and dinner. I said just bag the damn things up.
I enjoyed petsmart more then you guys could know. I got a couple plants and a few fish . :oops: Get back to the car and Tom is sitting there with the keys in hand , all windows rolled up and doors locked. 10 fricking mins I finally got him to understand what button to hit.
Pretty sure he did it on purpose. Finally we can go home ! I told tomtom home and he said take 65s. Grabbed half my sandwich and jumped on the freeway. Tom said, your going the wrong way you know.. I said No Im not ! I was coated in sandwich sauce and gave up on it. Suddenly we are in Louisville KY. Umm thats not right. Try again. take 71 ok then we were getting close to cinncy. OMG ! I am so lost. Pulled into a rest stop. I am coated in food and must of looked pretty wild at this point. A man tried to help. He showed me where the map was. I said I dont know how to read that and he said me either, thats why I have a smart phone. Pretty sure that was the last straw. Not even 100% sure what I said to him. this man trying to help me but surprisingly he figured out how to read that map. Anyway I ended up on 421 in KY and was able to follow that home. We got home at 7pm and I dropped Tom off, picked up Robert and had to go to CVS.
I have been to 3 states twice today.

I used acrylic craft paint— cheaper and easy to mix. We’re going to seal it when we’re finished.
Camping, I did that for Robert in Mi. A dino . Flaming red eyes and all. Life sized. Took me 3 days and in less then a week it had to come down. He was peeing in the closet ! hahahaa

Can't wait to see the end product.
When I was teaching 7th grade Bio, I made a huge 3D paper tree trunk in the corner of the classroom with branches and vines radiating out along the ceiling. The kids' job was to research and make 2 rain forest plants and 2 animals with with cards identifying them. It looked great... so good in fact that I was allowed to keep it up despite possible fire code violations :oops:

He showed me a stent that was 6in long. This IS doable. Which also means it could of already been done.
How freaking frustrating! I'm so glad you made them do the tests today. Next time, you should also have someone help you with the paperwork... keep your hands from getting so sore.

When are they doing the stents?

How freaking frustrating! I'm so glad you made them do the tests today. Next time, you should also have someone help you with the paperwork... keep your hands from getting so sore.

When are they doing the stents?
2 weeks from yesterday . They tried to do it in a month and I told the lady oh that wont work The dr wants it asap. LOL He is actually making a special trip from louisville that day for Tom.

Back
Top Bottom