Granny's gone and done it again

Silver dollars survive mostly on plant matter, and will feed on flakes, algae wafers - they go crazy for them, break them up and spread bits about the tank unless you want a fight! - cucumber, courgette, lettuce, and squash, but will also eat brine shrimp and bloodworm. I will often leave a sacrificial aquatic plant in my tank too for them to nibble on, and replace it when it is completely munched through, approximately once a month
You have a tank Twist?

Sigh. Kinda at wit’s end with fluffy.
Not seeing much improvement. She’s breathing hard, lost so much weight. I dunno. At what point do I throw in the towel? Is there hope?
She still eats watermelon. She still drinks. Protein is a bit harder though. I think I need to stop by the pet store for some feeder worms or crickets though. She seems to be ok eating live bugs (she had a spider and a housefly tonight) but turns up her beak at other forms of protein.
thats on you. No one else should be able to tell you when. Can she be saved ? Probably . but at what cost ? I will say I think she is gonna play hell getting that leg/foot healed up. She has had lice/mites for a long time .

Although the dollar has calm and peaceful characteristics, it is often colloquially named a 'plant piranha' or 'vegetarian piranha'. This is due to their tendency to completely strip aquatic plants bare, so while your fingers are safe, your Java fern isn't
first thing they ate !

thats on you. No one else should be able to tell you when. Can she be saved ? Probably . but at what cost ? I will say I think she is gonna play hell getting that leg/foot healed up. She has had lice/mites for a long time .
I would give her shots of B complex to stimulate her appetite.

Back
Top Bottom