Granny's gone and done it again

They are still talking about August before it will be ready. There are a few good prospects, so something's got to work. I hope FDA fast tracks it all and allows compassionate use.

Yes, for those that are knocking on deaths door...dare I say it...human trials would be a welcomed to those about to lose their lives I'm sure. The legal issues would come about when they're dealing with patients that pass away regardless and it might not be a medication that will work in the later throws of the virus. Kind of like viral medication for shingles or even the flu. The antiviral medication doesn't help as much unless caught early.

do you know the name of the drug ?
Remdesivir is one developed to fight Ebola. It didn't work, but during the SARS outbreak they found it worked against coronaviruses. They are tweaking it to work on covid-19. It will prevent the virus from being able to enter human cells so it cannot replicate.

Hydroxychloroquine is the medicine to fight malaria and used to treat symptoms for RA and lupus, so it's been around a long time and is generally safe. Studies have not been completed, but a lot of dr.s say it has helped their covid patients. Interesting fact is that in parts of the world where malaria is still a problem and people are routinely treated with hydroxychloroquine, there is no covid-19!

There are others, but I don't know the names.

Remdesivir is one developed to fight Ebola. It didn't work, but during the SARS outbreak they found it worked against coronaviruses. They are tweaking it to work on covid-19. It will prevent the virus from being able to enter human cells so it cannot replicate.

Hydroxychloroquine is the medicine to fight malaria and used to treat symptoms for RA and lupus, so it's been around a long time and is generally safe. Studies have not been completed, but a lot of dr.s say it has helped their covid patients. Interesting fact is that in parts of the world where malaria is still a problem and people are routinely treated with hydroxychloroquine, there is no covid-19!

There are others, but I don't know the names.
wow ! That is great news and I have to go Tom just snuck out the front door !!! WTH !!!!

Yes, for those that are knocking on deaths door...dare I say it...human trials would be a welcomed to those about to lose their lives I'm sure. The legal issues would come about when they're dealing with patients that pass away regardless and it might not be a medication that will work in the later throws of the virus. Kind of like viral medication for shingles or even the flu. The antiviral medication doesn't help as much unless caught early.
They don't know what they don't know until the controlled trials are done, but if I had the virus, I'd gladly be a guinea pig. Dr here in Bay Area put a covid patient on a ventilator, and is trying the Remdesivir. He said after 2 days, the patient is not worse, so seems to be helping. Or is it the ventilator that's helping? They don't know, but as far as I'm concerned, waiting for the perfect trial so they can PROVE it works isn't going to help people today. They need to try it now.

Thats sad. I hope it works for them sick already. What I havent heard/read is will it come back if you had it once already ?
The antivirals will prevent the virus from replicating no matter how long the patient is infected. Biggest problem is how much damage the virus does to the person before they get the help. I can't remember the exact name for it, but in some patients, covid causes an extreme reaction and it releases cytokines which not only causes the pneumonia that is so deadly, but also destroys liver and kidneys. Need to give the anitvirals in enough time to prevent the damage.

Took Gemini out for a walk this morning. She did not like it at all. She said she'd rather get the zoomies in the house 🤦🏻‍♀️
20200404_124333.jpg

20200404_124419.jpg

Back
Top Bottom