Granny's gone and done it again

well tis that time again Ladies and Pert. Going to find something to eat and hopefully hit the rack earlyish (for me)

I wish you all a great evening,

Good night, Sweet Dreams, Warm Fuzzies and Prayers.
Good night, Twistofer and Yaks. Peaceful dreams to all. ❤

Well, talking to myself. We like a smoked turkey. Lots of flavor and already cooked through. Just have to heat it snd it doesn't take long. Last year I tried to spatchcock it to heat it through quicker, and it just fell apart. So it heated up really fast, and we had pieces so quick! And slices for sandwiches in no time. I may try it again this year but definitely with gloves. Turkey's a bit greasy, it is! We have the makings for all the trimmings. Sweet potato pie, mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, three pies, green bean casserole, cranberry sauce from fresh berries..... hawaiian rolls.... I'm not even sure what all else. We will be feasting for a week. But after the year we've endured, I think we need to celebrate just the fact that we can celebrate. Celebrate survival if nothing else. And an intact family. And that here we are, still standing. We can certaily be thankful for all that, I think. We really have much for which to be thankful. Mostly ... each other. And this year, that's a lot. It's a hell of a lot!

Back
Top Bottom