Granny's gone and done it again

Snow is rare here. It was below 29 this morning, very cold for us, but it usually only gets that cold with clear skies. Clouds rolled in, rain has almost begun (spitting now) and temps are a more reasonable 44. I spent the morning (after it got up past 40!) filling the woodbox in the garage and splitting kindling. Then took care of all the chickens and coops. Seramas are staying in the garage today and new pullets confined to their run, but the mob still gets the run of the yard... their run is too small for them to be in all day.

The pullets had a beautiful gift waiting for me. They got some kale and dried mealworms.
1611701391232733633619916378688.jpg

I am debating running to Safeway to get another crab. It was a nice day yesterday, so the boats should have been out. That last one sure was yummy!
Hasn't starting pouring yet. I should get going. :frow

Snow is rare here. It was below 29 this morning, very cold for us, but it usually only gets that cold with clear skies. Clouds rolled in, rain has almost begun (spitting now) and temps are a more reasonable 44. I spent the morning (after it got up past 40!) filling the woodbox in the garage and splitting kindling. Then took care of all the chickens and coops. Seramas are staying in the garage today and new pullets confined to their run, but the mob still gets the run of the yard... their run is too small for them to be in all day.

The pullets had a beautiful gift waiting for me. They got some kale and dried mealworms.
View attachment 2503972

I am debating running to Safeway to get another crab. It was a nice day yesterday, so the boats should have been out. That last one sure was yummy!
Hasn't starting pouring yet. I should get going. :frow
It rarely snows at sea level which we are at here but the grapevine was closed yesterday and we need to drive to Reno on Thursday and I am afraid they will close that pass. Wind is blowing like crazy and it’s very cold.

Back
Top Bottom