Granny's gone and done it again

I went out and mowed some more after the sun went down. The weeds are waist high. I went over the same spot 3xs. The part of the mower that keeps grass from flying in your face broke off again and the string attached to it smacked my arm leaving a bad spot.
We also mowed the lawn today! Fire season is coming, so my mom mowed the grass (it really was hay already). And I collected the hay into a bucket. This is part of preventing fires, and also collecting hay for the chickens and quail. It might just be easier to buy hay, but we have no other use for the hay… The quail use it more, but the chickens also have some in their nesting boxes.

Thanks Blue. How was the water?
Cold! The Current River flows at a constant 58-60 degrees F. It comes from a series of underground springs that bring in about 2 million gallons a day, so it's got a pretty fast flow, hence its name. We put our chairs in the water and just set in the sun. Felt good after the initial shock.

Cold! The Current River flows at a constant 58-60 degrees F. It comes from a series of underground springs that bring in about 2 million gallons a day, so it's got a pretty fast flow, hence its name. We put our chairs in the water and just set in the sun. Felt good after the initial shock.
Seems like you had a pleasant time!

Back
Top Bottom