Granny's gone and done it again

Ugh. Need to drop by the feed store soon. Feels like I was just there yesterday! Also thinking about getting Kiki a DNA test with some of my birthday cash. I don’t really want anything else AND I suck at investing, so that’s out of the question. I really need to start balancing out the costs of all this farm stuff. I have definitely thought about giving up chickens all together AND I know nobody will try to stop me if I do. Probably gonna sell a whole bunch and keep 6-10 hens. My mom tells me not to worry, but numbers don’t lie. This whole chicken thing isn’t and wasn’t ever adding up. If I plan to show goats, and get serious with it, I definitely need to put it a lot more time. AND it looks good on a resume/portfolio. NOT that I am old enough to put that into use yet, but definitely need to start making plans. So far goats are cheaper than chickens, purpose and production-wise. And that wraps up what I think about before I sleep. Thanks for lending me your ears…or should I say eyes?🤔
Yeah, there's no money in chickens unless you do it on a huge scale, which makes you pretty much a commercial operation, IMO. You have to do it for the fun and joy of it and the wonderful eggs. :confused: I don't think backyard chickening can be anything but a pleasurable hobby.

@The-White-Elephant

Doesn't line up with "low blood pressure" though.
"High blood pressure or heart problems.
Sudden drops in blood oxygen levels that occur during sleep apnea increase blood pressure and strain the cardiovascular system. Having obstructive sleep apnea increases your risk of high blood pressure (hypertension).
Obstructive sleep apnea might also increase your risk of recurrent heart attack, stroke and abnormal heartbeats, such as atrial fibrillation. If you have heart disease, multiple episodes of low blood oxygen (hypoxia or hypoxemia) can lead to sudden death from an irregular heartbeat."

@cherrynberry, she's having a hard time because she has severe headaches, blackouts, and panic attacks. These interfere with her ability to work, but we know she's really trying so we don't mind helping her out if she really needs us to.
Thats what being a parent is all about. Sounds like she is going through a rough patch, glad she has a good support system. Kudos to you, not everyone lives up to it.

"When breathing ceases during sleep, the brain recognizes that things aren’t right, and wakes the sleeping person up, kickstarting normal breathing functions once again. Not only is a person’s sleep quality compromised because of sleep apnea, they also cause the heart to beat faster than usual"

Wait a minute. Is this why I often just randomly wake up in the middle of the night? And which then causes insomnia?
Sounds like a possibility anyway. Also as others have said, you should probably discuss w your parents AND see a doctor. :old

Yeah, there's no money in chickens unless you do it on a huge scale, which makes you pretty much a commercial operation, IMO. You have to do it for the fun and joy of it and the wonderful eggs. :confused: I don't think backyard chickening can be anything but a pleasurable hobby.
So true. I’ve always knew, but never wanted to give up. Think it’s time to let go though. I don’t want to leave a mess when I leave for college.

@The-White-Elephant

Doesn't line up with "low blood pressure" though.
"High blood pressure or heart problems.
Sudden drops in blood oxygen levels that occur during sleep apnea increase blood pressure and strain the cardiovascular system. Having obstructive sleep apnea increases your risk of high blood pressure (hypertension).
Obstructive sleep apnea might also increase your risk of recurrent heart attack, stroke and abnormal heartbeats, such as atrial fibrillation. If you have heart disease, multiple episodes of low blood oxygen (hypoxia or hypoxemia) can lead to sudden death from an irregular heartbeat."
Whitey, we are not doctors here. Cannot diagnose or give medical advice. If you want medical advice, SEE A DOCTOR.

Back
Top Bottom