Granny's gone and done it again

Pi finally wore himself out. He's been rampaging around the room, harassing Scooter (I let him outside) and chasing after Ming kitty (he got into BIG TROUBLE for that).
Finally ran out of gas.
View attachment 3233461

Now I have to get things done while he rebuilds his energy.
:th
How did you decide on this breed? Have you seen any zoomies yet. I know there's running..how about zoomies?

Here's what it looks like Granny. It's not as yellowy as I imagined. Honestly so glad I did milk training with her beforehand, she was great on the stand🥰
IMG20220823201847.jpg
IMG20220823201833.jpg

Don't know if she'd qualify for worker's comp unless it happened at work...

oh my goodness they're so cute!!! (I needed this today, rant to follow)

Nice.

So...I'm pretty...over...my work right now. After the sneaky letting go one foreman, turns out we let ANOTHER one go too today. But they couldn't be bothered to tell me that one until absolute last minute. They did it in an absolutely horrendous way too, they go to the job site while they're finishing up the pour, and tell him to unload his truck, they're taking the truck and so his wife came to pick him up. AT THE JOB SITE. IN FRONT OF HIS ENTIRE CREW, THE BUILDER, A WHOLE LOT OF PEOPLE IN THE INDUSTRY. Now this is a very passionate gentleman, I'm not going to say he's an angel, but he does hold a special place in my heart of foremens. So bossman tells me right when I was about to leave for the day to be ready for more instances like the foreman we let go yesterday (who I just finished up all his paperwork/final check/etc). So I, thinking he's teasing say "hey, don't forget who does all the grunt work you don't want to!" Apparently I have job security, but he tells me they're letting this other foreman go. I say today? yep right now. I say you do realize when you fire someone they're supposed to get their check right then and there right? So crap. Away I dig into my stuff to find his paperwork from last week, get his stuff entered, etc. Meanwhile bossman goes out for lunch. Other guesstimator leaves, leaving only other admin and I in the office. Low and behold, the foreman who just got canned shows up with his wife, they're both pretty upset (rightfully so). So I'm trying to talk to them, say look, they don't tell us anything, but no, it wasn't right that they did it like that...hang on I'm cutting your final checks right now...VP comes in, ESCALATES the situation everybody's all fired up, they leave right before I finish cutting the checks, so I kind of holler I'm almost done with the checks, do you want me to mail them? ok sure fine. RIGHT AFTER THEY LEAVE wouldn't you know bossman comes back.

(i've been speaking to both foremen since helping them out with some stuff so we're good at least)

I'm done. I'm seriously done. Just the two faced, petty bulltweety that goes on here...I seriously hope that I get one of the jobs I recently applied for and I now have zero guilt for.
🤞🤞🤞🤞

I'm only saving a little each day...not milking her empty or anything. Plus, her babies are only drinking from one side, so half the time her udder is lopsided. I'm just milking out the full side for now....and at the very least it makes Hazel more comfortable.
Makes sense and I'm sure she appreciates it. You're also preventing her from developing mastitis on that side, a very painful condition!

Follow her down to a bridge by a fountain
Where rocking horse people eat marshmallow
I really love those two particular lines 😊 they always make me smile dreamily.
Thank You!
I need that tonight. Sitting here watching our rooster Gretchen (thought he was a hen for quite a while 🤪) longing for our hen Claire. It’s their last night ‘together’ sleeping almost side by side except that he’s in a cage instead of curled up with her like they’ve done since they were 2 days old…… It was too much for my husband and I to beat the other night. Claire was screaming bloody murder when we ran over to find Gretchen biting her neck and trying to mount her. 😱 He’s only 4mths old for heavens sake. Look, we know that sort of thing happens in barnyard all over the land…..but NOT in our barnyard!!
We didn’t act angry with him, but we separated them. He was already scheduled to be rehired tomorrow. I’m just sad. I wish he could have been the hen we were told was ‘95% guarantee to be’ for our suburban ‘barnyard’. 😢 😭

Back
Top Bottom