Granny's gone and done it again

Mind laid about 8 eggs each, then went broody. Three years in a row. The third year ... they made good soup. They were all sweethearts but one, though, we had to pen her away from the others or she would have killed their chicks. Two others co-parented four chicks, though!

Those are just the early bloomers. I think I have ten varieties, all told. I didn't plant them, they were here before me, but I do love them.

Poor Mini! Hope she gets better!

We had so much rain yesterday DH had to park at a neighbor's and walk home, the low-water bridges were flooded. I was worried, the lightning was intense!

That explains a lot, thanks ...

oooh, dry the seeds and mail us a few!

😳 You lost chicks to a mama heating pad? How'd that happen? I've been thinking of getting one ...
They wouldn't use the plate. I even put them under so they knew. I found all but 2 one morning dead. Idk if they were just dumb or?

We have not been able to get our little batch of chicks warmer than 80°F since they hatched, during the day. But they are all fine and lively and have not had a poopy butt among them! At night we use a red light and it does warm them up to 90, at the warm end of the brooder. They are now two weeks old.

Im having pee problems. I wonder if its because Im dehydrated? It hurts. Earlier today was really bad then it went to peeing often . Dr. just checked me for an UTI said I didnt have one.
You can get azo to get rid of the burning, but it stains your urine orange. See a doctor Monday.

Back
Top Bottom