Granny's gone and done it again

Don’t they make it for Jewish holidays?
Yes. But ... what h2o said. Often, it's bread made on Friday (Preparation Day) for Sabbath, and what's left over makes really good French toast on Sunday morning! I made it early in the week in case it didn't turn out (hedging my bets, lol!). I really just made it to show off for my son because it's delicious and beautiful.

I think high crime is every where
Truth.
Yes. But ... what h2o said. Often, it's bread made on Friday (Preparation Day) for Sabbath, and what's left over makes really good French toast on Sunday morning! I made it early in the week in case it didn't turn out (hedging my bets, lol!). I really just made it to show off for my son because it's delicious and beautiful.
lol my family’s braided loaves tradition is for Christmas.

Sigh. Went for an appointment with my waxer. I had my dates messed up. It’s tomorrow!!!

Puttering away on payroll. Got an email acknowledging they got my resume and application and she was forwarding it to the appropriate manager soooo…cross fingers.

I should warn boss lady I did that though. Give her a heads up in case they call for a reference. Politely remind her that I won’t be leaving them high and dry but I needs that affordable health care coverage!!

I’ll see my first paycheck with the huge deductions tomorrow. I’m afraid.

It is bread with no dairy product. They have very strict laws

A bread made that can enjoyed with dairy or meat since dairy and meat are not to be combined.

Unlike other enriched breads, a truly kosher challah is made without dairy or meat derivatives, relying on vegetable oils for fat and a contested number of eggs—which are considered pareve, or neither dairy nor meat, in the kosher laws known as kashrut. This means challah can be served alongside a dairy brunch or a roast-brisket dinner with equal flexibility. Some challah bakers sweeten their loaves with honey—which, I learned while researching for this article, is kosher!—others with sugar (more on that below).

This is just info from the internet. I have no more info.

It is bread with no dairy product. They have very strict laws
Yes, you knew more about it than I did! It does have eggs. I've been surprised to learn those that keep strict kosher remove all (or certain?) grains from home and property,* not just yeast as the Bible commands. Which makes certain challenges for chicken keepers, as you can imagine. I've asked but have gotten no clear explanation of where or when the grain restrictions came from. Other than there is a concern that certain grains could become wet and inadvertently ferment. Anyway I find it all fascinating.

*During certain festivals such as Passover.

Yes, you knew more about it than I did! It does have eggs. I've been surprised to learn those that keep strict kosher remove all (or certain?) grains from home and property,* not just yeast as the Bible commands. Which makes certain challenges for chicken keepers, as you can imagine. I've asked but have gotten no clear explanation of where or when the grain restrictions came from. Other than there is a concern that certain grains could become wet and inadvertently ferment. Anyway I find it all fascinating.

*During certain festivals such as Passover.
I have never heard of the grain restriction

Back
Top Bottom