Granny's gone and done it again

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Oct 12, 2016.

1. campingshaws

campingshaws True BYC Addict Premium Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana

Nope. :barnie

2. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    [​IMG] No ducks for me..

3. Wishing4Wings

Wishing4Wings Isn't it Amazing?

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    Good save, Z! Little darling. Fingers crossed on the jobs.

granny, CB doesn't need all that candy anyway.

4. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    He is offering to push me in the wheel chair. crying

5. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    candled the egg. internal pip and can feel it trying to make a pip hole . I was actually hoping it wouldnt make it. Days not over yet. It looks very tiny.

6. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    Robert said he would walk with him. I guess thats alright . He still wants me but will go with him. No more tears.

7. campingshaws

campingshaws True BYC Addict Premium Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana

I don't think this is normal. Maybe it got cold several times and that's why it was behind. Hard to say when I didn't incubate.

8. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    I know this egg got down to 40 twice. I dont know for how long. It is amazing how strong they really are.

9. henny1129

henny1129 Crazy Livestock Gal

Mar 21, 2016
    Ohio!
    Ahh, sometimes it's good to just get rest. [​IMG]
    Very nice! If you haven't already done it, I like the addition of the green in the bottom pic.
    Lovely little kitten! He looks to be 5 or 6 weeks old I would think. We've raised two little orphaned buggars. The first was found in a "Ohio rainstorm" in our yard and he was half dead. With some TLC he was good as new. He lives in our barn now and I must say he is evil! His name is Spider: [​IMG] And the other one we got two weeks ago thinking Spider might want a friend while in the barn. Yeah, she was WAYYY younger than we thought and has to live in the house for a few weeks. She's a sweetheart and is name Luna: [​IMG] We also feed a few other adult cats (really only one, but a few come over occasionally), but we really need to get them spayed/neutered. The one that comes on a regular basis is a sweet big guy, but I think he's the main reason all these cats are here in the first place. :/ There's one other Tom I know of over in the neighbors yard (our neighbor has a TON of cats and none are fixed so a lot come over to our yard, which we don't mind but we just need to get them fixed). Anyways luckily this Tom is nice so he shouldn't be a problem to get in a cage and over to the vets. A few others are rather skittish, so probably a lot a live trap for them. Well, if you need any advice on caring for the little guy I'm here to help. It's actually a fun project! :)

2 people like this.
  10. h2oratt

h2oratt Overrun With Chickens

May 3, 2015
    Morada, california

Would they be good as dumplings?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by