Granny's gone and done it again

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Oct 12, 2016.

1. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    Red Lobster has their own mix in the stores. very yummy. you add shredded cheese .

2. Wishing4Wings

Wishing4Wings Isn't it Amazing?

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    Those kids... they just suck the brains cells right out, don't they.

3. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    they do ! DD said he was supposed to go there this weekend and he said , I go once and she thinks I am coming all the time. I told him he was going trick or treating with her and he is very upset.

4. jane s chickens

jane s chickens Overrun With Chickens

Nov 10, 2014
    Alabama
    Wishing, dh just needed to roll his dumplings in flour. This is what thickens the broth.

5. Wishing4Wings

Wishing4Wings Isn't it Amazing?

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA

6. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    X 2 -- makes for a lovely thick broth!

Bless his heart, it's a sticky situation for all involved.
    Cheddar Bay Biscuits are SOOOO good -- there are several copycat recipes out there that are awfully yummy (but the mix also works, lol) https://www.google.com/search?q=copycat+cheddar+bay&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8 -- I've used more than one of these and not had a bad batch from any of them.

7. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    Lovely, quiet Sunday here -- DH is out in his shop, DS is up in his room and I am enjoying a little binge on Netflix. Just took an apple pie out of the oven (for DH and FIL) and am waiting very impatiently for my pie crust cookies to be done (the real reason I don't mind making pies that I don't ever eat, lol).

We had a new addition to the family this week -- took Z to the dog park Friday after my interview and she found herself a new squeaky toy:
    [​IMG]

Little guy can't be more than 7 weeks old - not sure whether he was part of a stray litter that had been separated from his family or if he was dumped there - the fence around the park is chain link so not really "cat tight". I'm chalking it up to fate since I hadn't planned to take her at all that day and we were there several hours after our usual time - just glad it was my wussy gsd that found him vs. another less gentle dog given where he was. Turned him over to DS as his project/pet - he's needed something of his own and I think they'll be good for each other.

The interview went well, I think.....guess time will tell on that as both departments I met with last week said they should be deciding this coming week so we'll see.

1 person likes this.
  8. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    Wishing, He just dont want to. thats all I get. If he wants to go thats the only way he is going . Im not walking blocks .

I make dumplins different. I use self rising flour, couple eggs and milk. I make them thick enough to bake like a biscuit but drop them in simmering broth takes about 5 min. after the last one. dont stir maybe flip if there is too many and it makes a thick gravy too.

9. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    aww, lucky kitty to have found you. He is a cutey . I am going to call the winery tomorrow. supposed to be able to get a voucher to get pup done for $5.00 !

10. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    Is it out Camping ?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by