Granny's gone and done it again

Mare, I called a food bank just to be told they are out of food. Everyones stamps has been cut . I tried calling trustee and even talked to his wife for correct phone # and it wont go through. Like wrong #.

Have you been to or contacted the Clearinghouse in Madison - the new consolidated food bank/resource center they started a few years ago? They may be able to help you supplement and stretch the food stamp $$$ a little and also maybe address the things you need but can't purchase with the FS.
Ripley county.

The trustee situation there always confused and frustrated me -- some were fabulous and you could count of them to help just about any situation you could make a good argument for helping with and others were impossible to get a penny out of IF/WHEN you could even actually get a hold of them......... I take it there is no caseworker actually working your case as your advocate/advocate for the boy to help you get hooked into the resources you need?

The trustee situation there always confused and frustrated me -- some were fabulous and you could count of them to help just about any situation you could make a good argument for helping with and others were impossible to get a penny out of IF/WHEN you could even actually get a hold of them......... I take it there is no caseworker actually working your case as your advocate/advocate for the boy to help you get hooked into the resources you need?
that would be correct

Ripley county.
That's right.....I'd still reach out though. If nothing else, play dumb about that and maybe even if they can't help you directly they can help as advocates to get some help from resources you have not bee successful in accessing on your own.
It's so frustrating to me to sit and think about how different the resource situation was there compared to what sort of things are available where I am now - I'd give anything to have you call into my office here with this situation as there are all sorts of things we could have done for you by the end of the day.

That's right.....I'd still reach out though. If nothing else, play dumb about that and maybe even if they can't help you directly they can help as advocates to get some help from resources you have not bee successful in accessing on your own.
It's so frustrating to me to sit and think about how different the resource situation was there compared to what sort of things are available where I am now - I'd give anything to have you call into my office here with this situation as there are all sorts of things we could have done for you by the end of the day.
:hugsmoral support is pretty awesome :D

well I can NOT focus or stay awake, So just going to go "rest my eyes" BBL
LOL - I so remember when my dad would "rest his eyes" --- sound asleep, snoring loudly, and I'd go to turn off the t.v. or change the channel and he'd pop up all "I'm watching that!" -- no, you were asleep ....... "I was just resting my eyes"........

Back
Top Bottom