Granny's gone and done it again

I bought vitamins for the flock and was going to give it to them a month before I started hatching then decided I probably shouldnt hatch any.
I was doing a rotation of ACV and vitamins for awhile. A week between.
Rooster booster vitamins.

Wow, that's pretty extreme. We used to call them runts. Can I say that anymore? :p I am always drawn to the runts... weak and helpless and fugly ones... they need us more than the others do. One runty we had... it's skin turned blue, like lack-of-oxygen blue. It didn't live long after that, but I always suspected heart problems. You probably can't tell with the Silkies having black skin. Hope it stays healthy, just a little mini me!

I was going to say the same thing. Although I know PT can be painful and still be the correct treatment. But better if they have confirmation on the diagnosis.

You hatched them? Was there a power outage that could have caused a problem? Shipped eggs? I'm sure you said it all before, so I am apologizing for my brain, who went to lunch and never returned! :rolleyes:
Shipped eggs. The silkies(mine) from that batch are fine. Cochins are struggling. Power stayed on.

Ohh I remember now Alley. Sorry. You cant very well give vitamins to someone elses flock.
I dont know much about it but I dont like giving mine vinegar. I read peeps that give it every day and wonder why they have shell less eggs.

I put a lot apple cider vinegar in their water to help keep their systems clean

Back
Top Bottom