Granny's gone and done it again

So I went out and cleaned the playhouse coop. Then I went and dug up 2 big buckets of sand . Sprayed the inside of the coop. Spread sand . Opened windows and door. Once it gets fully dark, i will close the door and catch the chickens in the run. They will get treated, and i will clean out again in 10 days.

I found something out I didnt want to know while researching yesterday. The shrimps diet and then we eat shrimp. I feel terrible about it and I know the first time I am able to order shrimp I will pass. Solongfavoritefood
Why? Look at all the crap chickens eat and we eat them.

Never seen my chickens eat poop. I have seen them accidentally peck some then shake their heads in disgust Hahaa

Wishing, you asked about the leaves drying. Yes you can put them in the oven but theres something much easier. The MICROWAVE ! Sandwich them between some paper towels , set a plate on top then add a bowl of water for safety. 30 seconds then 15 sec. at a time checking them . However , that didnt work fast enough to suit me so I skipped the water and they dried completely in two 30 second intervals
Only add leaves that have browned and fell off the tree according to one site because green leaves will change your water parameters too much. Dried leaves will lower PH , add antimicrobial and antibacterial property to your water and creates a biofilm that shrimp love to eat and fish like to spawn in.
So fun little experiment there. they said they should sink in 24 hrs.Alder cones, catalpa AKA Indian almond, oak and magnolia leaves are all safe to my knowledge . It goes w/o saying I hope " Dont use poison oak . LOLOL

Gnight all, 3 hrs last night and shopping for coffee pot tomorrow.
1590895413767.png

Back
Top Bottom