Granny's gone and done it again

So I went out and cleaned the playhouse coop. Then I went and dug up 2 big buckets of sand . Sprayed the inside of the coop. Spread sand . Opened windows and door. Once it gets fully dark, i will close the door and catch the chickens in the run. They will get treated, and i will clean out again in 10 days.
I hope your pinched nerved doesn't rebel against all that work!

Never seen my chickens eat poop. I have seen them accidentally peck some then shake their heads in disgust Hahaa

Wishing, you asked about the leaves drying. Yes you can put them in the oven but theres something much easier. The MICROWAVE ! Sandwich them between some paper towels , set a plate on top then add a bowl of water for safety. 30 seconds then 15 sec. at a time checking them . However , that didnt work fast enough to suit me so I skipped the water and they dried completely in two 30 second intervals
Only add leaves that have browned and fell off the tree according to one site because green leaves will change your water parameters too much. Dried leaves will lower PH , add antimicrobial and antibacterial property to your water and creates a biofilm that shrimp love to eat and fish like to spawn in.
So fun little experiment there. they said they should sink in 24 hrs.Alder cones, catalpa AKA Indian almond, oak and magnolia leaves are all safe to my knowledge . It goes w/o saying I hope " Dont use poison oak . LOLOL
Excellent! You are a scientist at heart. :)
As for chickens and poo... the farm chickens loved nothing
more than scratching and pecking at piles of horse shi... manure. The fresher the better! nom nom

I just went out and checked all my young chickens. Need to build another coop soon, LOL!
How many coops do you have now? I've lost count. :D

Belated good evening to all. It's been busy around here. We are painting the house (outside) and trying to get a veggie garden planted. Still have a big pile of horse shi manure in the driveway. Mother Nature played a mean trick and didn't give us any rain this morning other than a few spits. We got a nice cool day though, so that was welcomed.
I lost another hen yesterday to a prolapse and fly strike (which is horrifying). Poor thing had been broody and hiding, so we didn't catch it until too late. Had to put her down. :(

One consolation is her final resting place up at the farm.
20200529_134416.jpg

Lots of pretty wild flowers and still some green from the late rains.
20200529_134544.jpg

And then MIL's cactus bloomed today
20200530_165813.jpg

One blossom still to go
20200530_165954.jpg

Amazing how well it's doing considering how neglected it is!
20200530_165921.jpg

Buenas noches!

That is certainly true of my white chickens!!!!

OK, I'm so far behind (again) that I give up. 70 pages I think.
Forgot... I wanted to ask, is your DD is going back to college in the fall or doing online? Montana is planning on having in person classes as much as possible, so our kiddo will be heading back up in a month or so. I'm glad. He's got 3 labs next semester, and if anything, they will make the effort to have labs in person. They are starting early to be able to end the semester the day before Thanksgiving. One less trip home and back is a great idea and he will get a nice long winter break.

morning all

Three men were hiking when they came upon a large, raging, violent river.

Needing to get to the other side, the first man prayed: ‘God, please give me the strength to cross the river.’

Poof!!!

God gave him big arms and strong legs. And he was able to swim across in just two hours, though he almost drowned twice!
After seeing that, the second man prayed: ‘God, please give me strength and the tools to cross the river.
Poof!!!
God gave him a kayak and strong arms andstrong legs. And he was able to row across the river in about an hour, though he almost overturned once!”
Seeing what happened to the first two men, the third man prayed: ‘God, please give me the strength, the tools, and the intelligence to cross the river’
Poof!!!”
He was turned into a woman!
She then checked the map, hiked one hundred yards upstream and walked across the bridge.”

View attachment 2160095View attachment 2160096
@bruceha2000 Thanks !

Well, its all I got in me for now. All recycled except 2 small bags white gravel.I also have black background I can change to. Havent made my mind up yet.
Whadda ya think?

My favorite one yet.

@campingshaws You sure have been scarce too . :oldI havent heard a good bubba story in a long while.

Let’s see... here he is as a hotdog eating a hotdog. Not much going on lately.

6286D769-15F6-4D1B-8F76-6FF7E6BFA3FF.png

Back
Top Bottom