Granny's gone and done it again

Over the years, I have had a few hens come up lame... no obvious injury, break, or extreme damage, but obviously in pain. I let them be after the initial exam. All three (the ones that I can remember) did a lot of limping, laying around, some chose to sleep in a nest box rather than roost. Good news is they all got better on their own. 4 weeks or so. One took a lot longer... almost 5 months... Buster, a very heavy Cuckoo Orp who probably sprained something in her hip getting off the roost. I have an 8 yr old EE that has been limping a bit, but hasn't slowed her down much. Was hanging out on the patio and got a good look at Monkey's foot... middle toe is swollen, possible broken, but I'm letting her be. With Monkey, the cure would be worse than the problem!

Do you call your Henri "Henry" or "Ohnri"?
We have a cat named Henry that gets called all sorts of things :D but Ohnri is my favorite. Gives him some class!
Loverly Kitty, and he's Ohnri Le Cock. So happy to hear that time does heal wounds, and I'm sure that he's done something as I found the roosting bar in the Chateau Le Chicks down. Probably went down with it in a sound sleep. Can't figure out how it happened since it was wedged in there tight as could be. He's moved from next to the fence to on top of his nesting box. Butt up in the air again, I'm assuming just to ease pressure on that leg. He know's best what fells better. I'll keep an eye on how fast his food and water disappear. At least he's in a separate pen so I can see it's him eating. Little bugger is stealing cherry tomatoes from the plants along the outside of the pen and just leaving them on the ground.

I love my milk. slurppp.. LOL I never had an ear infection that I know of. I think its the additives. preservatives that is making everyone sick. I strongly believe anything from nature is good for us. well, except for poison ivy and such and I bet it has its place somewhere in the line.

What are we looking at w/ the GSD ? A hunched back?
I think so, but to me it looks like all the ones you see at an AKC show. I don't think AKC always does the best things for dog breeds... got poor animals out there that can't breathe well, need AI and cesarean section, small brain cases on the Irish Setters, smushed in boxer muzzles, the list goes on. Look back at pics 40-50 years ago and I think most of the breeds were nicer then.

I agree 110% Wishing. I dont hold w/ that at all. My gosh though, look back much further. I think the closest you can get to a wolf hybrid is going to be your healthiest . I think thats why I prefer mutts. They can get a little of it all.
Tell me about the irish setter? I had an english setter was a messed up dog but she also sensed my sugar drops and put me down just before they hit. She pulled so hard she walked on her back legs and I had to get a muzzle leash and a fanny pack to weigh/slow her down and a bike to keep up

I love my milk. slurppp.. LOL I never had an ear infection that I know of. I think its the additives. preservatives that is making everyone sick. I strongly believe anything from nature is good for us. well, except for poison ivy and such and I bet it has its place somewhere in the line.
Different people do better on different foods. Different allergies and such. Many Asian people are lactose intolerant, so no milk for them. All sugars and carbohydrates cause inflammation of our guts, so cutting back on sugars and grains is a good start to feeling better. Keeps blood sugar under control and less insulin response (which changes most of those carbs into fat). I'm sitting on a big cushion of it right now. :hmm

I agree 110% Wishing. I dont hold w/ that at all. My gosh though, look back much further. I think the closest you can get to a wolf hybrid is going to be your healthiest . I think thats why I prefer mutts. They can get a little of it all.
Tell me about the irish setter? I had an english setter was a messed up dog but she also sensed my sugar drops and put me down just before they hit. She pulled so hard she walked on her back legs and I had to get a muzzle leash and a fanny pack to weigh/slow her down and a bike to keep up
I was little, back in Joiysey, someone had a beautiful, flowing, red Irish Setter. It had nice large feet, and a substantial head and muzzle that was very pettable. So sweet and soft eyes. I decided then I would get one some day. It's not the same animal today. I read some criticism... said their skulls are smaller now. :( Dopey dogs need all the brains they can get.

arent sugars processed and refined? If they had a sugar cane and gnawed on it would the response be the same ?
It's all the same, digests the same, response is the same. Sucrose (sugar, honey, syrup, etc), fructose from fruits, and lactose from milk. Don't forget glucose! Behaves pretty much the same. Complex carbohydrates are better, they digest more slowly. Like a (complex) carrot is better than a sugar cube. Too much of any of it is bad for diabetes.

Back
Top Bottom