Granny's gone and done it again

Four hours?! I know Gunsmoke is on a lot, but I don't think it's on that much. That's what we watch if we happen to be inside.
I decided to move the chickens at night. Will likely go better. The turkey coop needs some lower perches. So I need a measurement.
5 days a week. LOL Reruns every day
If you go out there after dark you best take your gun for them snakes.
Speaking of guns, Robert wants to buy a hand gun w/ his stimulas check. sigh..

At least you don't live up north by ronott, he's getting even hotter temps!!! I never would have guessed it would be hotter up by Sacramento than down near the border with Mexico.

IF she is the broody type. I've never had a rooster but I've had hens go broody. The most eggs I've found in a hidden nest outside the barn is 13 (they all passed the float test).
She was a White Rock and NEVER went broody in her life, 4 years old when the fox got her INSIDE the fenced area. The other White Rock I got at the same time (2015) goes broody at least once a year, often twice. One of my Black Australorps goes broody, one doesn't. Neither of my Barred Rocks has gone broody nor has any Easter Egger nor the Exchequer Leghorns. One Austra White went broody this year, the other didn't. One Welsummer goes broody, one doesn't. They are all individuals!

He only has them lay for 10 weeks then gets rid of them? That is weird. In my experience most of the girls don't even lay a full size egg until they have been laying for close to 2 months. Then they lay like champs through the winter until their first adult moult at about 64 weeks of age. Since I don't light the coop they don't go back to laying until late February or March. This has been true of all the chicks I've gotten that hatched in early June. The ones that came from late April/early May hatches did not lay through their first winter.

Because then millions of people wouldn't drink it and thus couldn't get out of bed in the morning? ;)
I have my first ever broody polish hen! She is very dedicated so far.

Back
Top Bottom