Granny's gone and done it again

What is Missouri like Micro?
I'm not Micro, but ... Lots of forests, evergreen and oak and hickory. Rivers and rolling hills, roller-coaster roads, lol. High humidity in the spring, summer and fall, lots of rain sometimes with occasional tornadoes in high heat situations. Corn, cotton, cattle, soy, hundred-mile yard sales. Hunting, fishing, quilting, football. Stubborn, tough, hard-working, salt-of-the-earth people.

I'm not Micro, but ... Lots of forests, evergreen and oak and hickory. Rivers and rolling hills, roller-coaster roads, lol. High humidity in the spring, summer and fall, lots of rain sometimes with occasional tornadoes in high heat situations. Corn, cotton, cattle, soy, hundred-mile yard sales. Hunting, fishing, quilting, football. Stubborn, tough, hard-working, salt-of-the-earth people.

I must have missed that section of Mo when I drove thru it twice. BUT I had lots of other drivers showing me their IQ's of which most seemed to be the #ONE.

I'm having an issue with one of my birds, I started a thread on it, she seems to be blind but it doesn't look like Marek's. We are crazy careful about keeping our flock isolated. I would worry about contamination if we were around other birds, I think. So I'm just thinking about it but don't know if we ever would.

I hear you. Does she have the crazy gray green Marek's eyes? Pinpoint pupils that are oddly shaped.

The only blind birds I have right now are my one eyed roosters who don't have the common sense not to fight with somebody bigger and tougher than they are. Thank goodness.

At one point I had three birds with Ocular Marek's. What seemed to kill those birds was either pressure on their brains or metastatic growths that went to their brains causing strokes.

I would be scared to death to bring in birds or eggs from a non NPIP breeder. My original birds came from an NPIP brooder for all the good that did me. Breeding for resistance is great if the resistance is for the right strain of Marek's disease. My local Amish barnyard mixes are doing well but that's why I'm going the Fayoumi route although I do have SDW OEGBs that I got vaccinated that are doing really well. My EF's came from M McM hatchery. If I add any more they will be from Cackle or M McM and in spite of their natural resistance I do have them vaccinated. I'm tired of burying birds..

Back
Top Bottom