Granny's gone and done it again

Will Vaseline do? And can you gob it (either the ointment or Vaseline) on the bottom of a front foot? He will surely lick it off from there.
I think the hairball ointment is mostly petrolatum, but it's supposed to taste better. Henry doesn't like any of it. Maybe I can make a tortilla chip flavor for him!

Well Ladies, Its been a long day. I guess I will try and lay down. Sweet dreams all.
Goodnight Granny.
There's no place like home! :hugs

No worries. Henry is a piggy. He scarfs food and yarks it up during hairball season. The ointment works fine if I goop him every other day.

My sister's cat has the same thing as Binks, snotty nose, but I've never seen blood. She scratches a lot and pulls hair too. Vet says it's allergies. Sis has been to a few vets and spent big bucks on treatments and special foods. Nothing works for very long, poor kitty. Sometimes her lips and face swell up. She found some holistic allergy relief that is kind of working, just hard to get fussy cat to take it.
Binks sounds like chronic sinus infection.

That's a good idea.
My dad swears by Sta-Bil in the gas. Says it's good for 2 years.

Oh, I buy the big pouch of those! Ming LOVES them. They probably help some, but Henry needs the goop stuff. Ming will eat wet food, but not Henry. Crunchies only and tortilla chips are all I've ever got him to eat. I think the treats have put some weight on them both. Ok for Ming, but Henry gets pudgy!

I didn't know that about the ticks! We should send all our extra possums to Cap! :D I haven't seen a possum in a long time except dead on the road.
Neighbor has game cam pics of a mountain lion on his property in the last couple of weeks. I wonder if they eat possums. Some neighborhood cats are missing. :hmm That's why mine stay inside.
If anyone sent me possums, they would meet their demise!
20200829_171510.jpg

Mini, possum killer extraordinaire!

So we got ALL the animals except Maiah and Twisty's calves (to young) run thru the chutes and vaccinated with a 7-way shot. And then the 7 older calves into the trailer and hauled over to be with Curly and the girls.

According to Rod (as I couldn't get to them from my side of the chute) Both Maiah's and Twisty's little Royal calves are BULLS (fark me)

Was to cold for anyone to "volunteer" to strip down and go up the backside of Granny to feel for a calf. BUT, 3 of us did an exterior palpation and her belly is nice and LARGE and very firm feeling as in NO give to it. So we shall see.

Nephew welded back together the one hay feeder that was falling apart .

Sonny went TOTALLY BAT Chit after she got separated in the chute from her heifer calf JUST in the mix of the chute area. IT got SO MUCH worse after she went thru BUT her calf was in the back of the group. I need to do more research in to her blood line as HONESTLY her calf is looking like an Imperial (black nosed) to me. VERY nice and wooly and a BIG girl.

SO the count so far this year is 6 bulls and 3 heifers. :he WHICH if I was in the "meat" business would be wonderful, as is NOT so much.

Back
Top Bottom